2014 MLS Jersey/Kit/Uniform News

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by vtron, Oct 28, 2013.

1. PhillyMLS

PhillyMLS Member+

Is it me, or are the stars on the jerseys in some really weird spots except for RSL. Columbus' looks like it is to the left of the badge while Houston's and LA's are to the right and down.

New England had to wear the secondary jersey at home because their blue primary jersey clashed with both of SKC's jerseys.
    phoenixhazard repped this.

2. anckentucky

anckentucky New Member

Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    That makes more sense. I don't see much of a problem with the two blues, especially with a black third kit available. As long as Sporting and every team in the league have a jersey set that do not clash, I have no problem with the color choices. Although I do wish we would find a way to incorporate a little yellow piping.
  3. bwidell

bwidell Member+

Club:
    New England Revolution
    United States
    But should a team be forced to wear their secondary kit at home because the away team doesn't own any kits that clash?
  4. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    I'd been wondering for the past month why Electronic Arts hadn't already updated the San Jose Earthquakes' logo and uniforms in FIFA 14 before the upcoming MLS season begins.

It now seems that if EA plans to update them at all in the game, it's likely because they're waiting for the rest of the MLS teams to unveil their new uniforms first. :)

-G

5. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    United States
    a 3 year old does more proofing and reviewing on his drawing than SJ did on their logo
    SenordrummeR2 repped this.
  6. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    United States
    yeah only a few select games, pretty freaking stupid if you ask me, why not just put it on a damn jersey and let it roll all season?
    SenordrummeR2 repped this.
  7. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    United States
    has EA ever updated MLS jerseys or logos in the middle of the game's year? Pretty sure I have always seen that we have to wait for FIFA 15 to see these jerseys in the game... Pretty ridiculous really though, wish they would just release them in a downloadable update
  8. profiled

profiled Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    United States
    If you understood/knew what happens with any licensed product, you wouldn't think it was ridiculous.

The property/license owner has to go through a legal process of signing off on how things appear, which means lawyers, time, money and headache (oh we don't like how XXX looks, please change it to YYY).

Now this process itself may be considered ridiculous, but the fact that licensed items aren't updated for "free" mid stream is not (now you can easily argue you've paid enough, but that's a different argument).
  9. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Club:
    New England Revolution
    United States
    It's the away team's responsibility to wear a kit that clashes with their hosts. So, the question becomes, if your Jerseys are blue, a different blue, and black, what are the Fighting Gerunds wearing to Gillette?
  10. lukeD

lukeD Member

Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    United States
    No they shouldn't. As an SKC fan I didn't (and still don't) understand the black 3rd kit. The primary purpose of a 3rd kit is to resolve color conflicts, and an all black kit is basically the same as an all dark blue kit. If SKC had another 3rd kit color available (say yellow, grey, white, green, orange, red...anything but black) then the Revs could wear their dark blue primary and there would be no conflict. We have similar color conflict issues with Vancouver and Montreal.

Unfortunately, SKC used the 3rd kit as a marketing opportunity to sell jerseys and not as a practical way to resolve the color conflicts.
  11. lukeD

lukeD Member

Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    United States
    Pinnies?
    Achowat repped this.
  12. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Club:
    Chicago Fire
    United States
    [​IMG]

So we started out red/white/red, Dollar Menu started designing the jersey and we went to red/NAVY/red. This year we are NAVY/blue/red and next cycle we should be NAVY/blue/NAVY. GREAT job Dollar Menu.....

#HauptmanOut
    sitruc repped this.
  13. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    United States
    Oh good, RSL weren't the only team to put a weird design across the chest. Now we won't look like the only idiots in the bunch. Although, that design isn't as bad as RSL's...
  14. sitruc

sitruc Member+

I'm not sure much good has come from that Tiro template.
  15. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Your own drunk uncle is always more embarrassing than your neighbor's....
    SenordrummeR2 and Ismitje repped this.
  16. Hube

Hube Member

17. Hube

Hube Member

[​IMG]
    sitruc repped this.
  18. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Really starting to think that Chicago can't have the white stripe across the chest as long as Quaker is the sponsor as it looks like they want their wordmark in white.
  19. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Club:
    Chicago Fire
    United States
  20. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    United States
    They should've used that argyle pattern on more of the jersey. At any rate, that's a good looking kit. Much better than the "Buffering" shirt from the last round.
  21. Howard the Drake

Howard the Drake Member+

Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Ugh, what's up with the team with actual distinct features getting rid of them (the hoop stripes for Dallas, the single white band for Chicago)? The league isn't exactly lacking in plain jerseys.
    Achowat repped this.
  22. sitruc

sitruc Member+

I actually adjusted my monitor thinking I simply couldn't see the pattern on the rest of the jersey because of lighting. Now I'm not sure I've simply convinced myself that it's there.
  23. sitruc

sitruc Member+

It's hard to tell, but I believe DC United is wearing their new uniforms at the Carolina Challenge Cup.
  24. Tigereye

Tigereye Member

Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Trinidad and Tobago
    FCD should've followed Leverkusen's lead if they were gonna go the subliminal route.

[​IMG]
  25. Krasny

Krasny Member

even if this true it doesn't explain the top of the shirt being navy blue... we had a respectable, unique, simple jersey tradition and it's gone...