AMERICA IS A CONTINENT: Mexico vs U.S.of A. rivalry thread

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by drunkguy10, Jun 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Mexico
    Alright, this thread is meant to be more inclusive than the one in the nads forums. Currently, I cannot post there, and I'm sure there are many other Mexican's who are banned from there (I was unbanned, under the agreement I wouldn't post) as well as nads who are banned from the Mexico forums.

So, this thread should address all the rivalry issues between the two groups followers in a more neutral setting, without the bias of the nad mods.

I ask the mods here to give this thread a little leeway, It should not turn into a WR thread, but it should not be as strictly moderated as others.

Saying America is a continent, is obviously on-topic, because it is in the title, however, saying isn't, should be treated as off-topic and give an infraction to those who deny it.:D

First issue I would like to adress form the nad thread is this

first of all, It is hard to distinguish between Mestizos and criollos, because we are so intermixed that there are several white Mestizos. I'm white complected and my brother is more brown complected, some goes for nephews... therefore, it is ignorant to think there is discrimination against mesitzos in the novelas. Do you see Fernando Colunga as a criollo? of Victoria Rufo? I would dare say most stars are Mestizos....

---------

alright, next issue, bring it on nads.

2. Man0fProphecy94

Man0fProphecy94 Member

Club:
    Cienciano Cusco
    Peru
    As you can see, I'm from Peru, so I don't know too much about Mexico and US futbol, but in my opinion, mexico has a better team talent-wise than the U.S. However, it seems whenever they play, it is always tight and the U.S has for some crazy reason, to nullify Mexico's advantages and come out for the win. Best rivalry in concacrap and really the only game worth watching
    Unak78 and LGRod repped this.
  3. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    United States
    There is a concacaf rivality thread under the WR Forum.
  4. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Mexico
    this is supposed to be a neutral civil rivalry thread... it has no place in WR.

5. Chastaen

Chastaen Member

Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    United States

The girl is hot. (Beautiful)
    The soup was hot.(High Temperature)

He was South American. (From South America)
    The American team plays Mexico. (From United States)

I win.
  6. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Mexico
    There is no American team, just the team usa, usa team, u.s. team, nads team, etc... America, is a continent, so in a way, The Mexican,Colombian, Guatemalan, Hondurean, Panamanian, Argentinian, Brazilian... teams are all American teams.

seriously, learn some geography from book outside of the u.S.
    VincentVega repped this.
  7. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    United States

You have to be more especific than that, China books would also teach the split Americas, Most English speaking countries would also teach the 2 Americas.

Maybe you need to say "learn some geography from book from a Latin American country"

[​IMG]
  8. Spry

Spry Member

Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    A Canadian, an American, and a Mexican walk into a bar...

The Gold Cup is played on American soil

Advise for Americans traveling to Mexico

Mexican-Americans aid team Mexico's charge

Forbes: Talk a little bit about the U.S.-Mexico rivalry? Saturday’s game will be played in the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. It’s expected that most of the fans there will be cheering for Mexico and that it will feel almost like a home game for them. Does than anger the U.S. players?

Wynalda: U.S.-Mexico is always a special occasion. Problem is—especially when the game has greater meaning, like a World cup qualifier or Gold Cup—it takes patriotism to a whole new level.

Let me make this very clear: there is no “hate” in the hearts or heads of the players. We have the utmost respect for each other. It’s the people in the stands who always start the problem because they are the problem. When the U.S. national anthem starts so does the tension.

The one thing that gets under the U.S. players’ skin more than anything else is when the “Mexicans” boo our anthem. Especially since most of them are Mexican-Americans.
    Unak78 repped this.
  9. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Mexico
    that part is really fycked up.
  10. HtownDynamo

HtownDynamo Red Card

Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Would it not be ok to call Canada the Canadian team? Or in our rivals case, the Mexican team? USA's players are all AMERICAN, so its ok in my book and technically correct if someone wants to call them the American team.
  11. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Club:
    Columbus Crew
    United States
    Well, it depends on how one defines a continent.

Really, no matter what definition one uses, it is hard to come up with 5 or 6 or 7 as the answer. Or at least, not the 5, 6, or 7 that are commonly recognized.

Option #1: Continents are large continuous land masses separated from other land masses by expanses of water.

1. Antactica = check
    2. Australia = check
    3. North America = no check, I don't consider the Panama canal an expanse of water
    4. South America = no check, ibid.
    5. Africa = no check. Not separated from Asia by an expanse of water at places.
    6. Europe = no check. Not separated from Asia by an expanse of water.
    7. Asia = no check. Not separated from Europe by an expanse of water.
    ------

By convention, anything from 4 to 7 is taught, depending on where. With America and EurAsia and EurAfrAsia being taught. And Greenland never recognized.
    -------------

Of course, if one wanted a more geologically accurate definition, then continents should be defined by distinct continental plates, and not connected land mass. Of course, they are varying ways to distinguish, even in geology: distinct plates, presence of craton or not, plate tectonics, etc.

Most common geologically, the major plates would be:
    1. Eurasian Plate
    2. African Plate
    3. North American Plate
    4. South American Plate
    5. Indian-Australian Plate
    6. Antarctic Plate
    7. Arabian Plate
    8. Philippine Plate
    9. Caribbean Plate
    -----------------
    10. Pacific Plate: negligible land
    11. Scotia Plate (less land)
    12. Cocos Plate (less land)
    13. Juan de Fuca plate (less land)
    Unak78 repped this.
  12. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Member+

It's all relative and there is no definitive answers. It makes more sense to separate North and South America than to consider all of America as one continent imo.
  13. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Mexico
    When the greek came up with the concept of continents, they stood in the mediterranean and named the land of the north europe, south=Africa, and west= Asia,

This is the reason this three are separate continents. When the new world was discovered, the new land from Canada to Argentina, was named America. Since the continent was too large, they started naming it by sub-continents, North America, Central America, South America, and the Antillas, now known as the Caribbean. Later, Australia was discovered and named as such, the same goes for Antartica.

This is what makes the continents. After WWII, the United States started teaching in it's schools the different continental model, based on the tectonic plates, and said North and South America where two different continents. Thanks to its cultural and military influence, it has been expanding, mainly through asia, and africa, but Europe is also starting to follow that.... however, the rest of Americans have not.
    Unak78 repped this.
  14. HtownDynamo

HtownDynamo Red Card

Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Your choice on how to define or how continents should be defined aside.... US citizens = Americans. USA soccer is a team played by Americans. USA soccer = The American team
    Skippysasquirrel repped this.
  15. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Mexico
    That is wrong.

However, this is supposed to be a rivalry thread... so, can you people, tell me which alphabet team you will be playing with? Are we finally going to meet your A team, or are going to be seeing any of your other teams from B-Z?
  16. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Mexico
  17. HtownDynamo

HtownDynamo Red Card

Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    United States
    You will be seeing our A team. American team that is...
  18. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

America > U.M.S.
  19. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Mexico
    there will be two American teams in the field.;)
  20. ac1962

ac1962 Member

Club:
    Club América
    Mexico
    In actuallity, the ethnic background of the mexican team is waaaaaay more american than that of its "american" counterpart, I wonder how much native american is there in the Onyewus or the Cherundolos
    It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  21. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    :confused:

Anyways keep on.
  22. HtownDynamo

HtownDynamo Red Card

Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Nailed it! No more are the Mexicans allowed to call themselves Mexicans anymore. Americans vs. Americans. Not Mexicans vs Americans cuz thats just not right!!

The Chinese team vs. Armenians?? pffft! Its Asians vs. Asians!
  23. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Chile
    Easy =

citizens of the USA : US-americans

:p

(btw, I also got banned in the US forum in the news & analysis section, last March. It was suposed to be a 15 day ban, but till now, I haven`t been able to enter back there).
  24. El Mariachi

El Mariachi Member+

Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Mexico
    and boom goes the dynamite
  25. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    United States
    Paraguay is then the most "American" team in all the Americas?

Maybe Bolivia or Peru.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.