1. Save 40-80% on great soccer jerseys. Shop today at BigSoccer Shop!

Astro turf and indoor boots thread - Everything turf and indoor related

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by David89, Jun 26, 2011.

1. vaporshockorange

vaporshockorange Member

Club:
    --other--
    Any body tried the Predator LZ (I) ABSOLION turf?

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Manchester United FC
    England
    I've worn LZs on turf and ive had no problem with injuries or stud pressure at all. The conical studs are fine for the AG surface and don't give too much traction.

appleCORR

3. vaporshockorange

vaporshockorange Member

Club:
    --other--
  4. David89

David89 Member+

Club:
    Arsenal FC
    you shouldn't be doing this, your risking your health and ruining good turf.

I'm going to be calling goals and making sure they stop you next time you go.

you have been warned.

Kalouda, jayc23 and appleCORR7 repped this.

5. appleCORR7

Club:
    Manchester United FC
    England
  6. David89

David89 Member+

Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I haven't been for ages, but the last time i was there the pitch i played on had about 3 new pieces of turf just kinda put ontop of the turf already down,

they need to re do it all now tbh, can't imagine goals gets many down there seen as that new one is open in wednesbury and leisure centres are getting 3g pitch's now

7. appleCORR7

Club:
    Manchester United FC
    England
    Not wanting to take the thread off topic but, you'd be surprised they get LOADS of people still going and leagues seem really popular. I haven't been to Pulse, but Goals definately need to relay the turf because it just has no bounce in it anymore no matter how much rubber crumb they pour on it.

appleCORR

8. David89

David89 Member+

Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Not really off topic without turf/goals/pulse etc many of the people on the forum and the world wouldn't be able to moan on these forums about snapped studs and bad knees;)

yeah, i remember them have a wednesday night serie a league?! whats that about

9. appleCORR7

Club:
    Manchester United FC
    England
    I think they'd stopped giving the nights themes now. What they have decided is that you no longer have to wear shin pads if you don't want too - which i thinks a bit bad considering how some of the teams play (some players in SG boots and the refs do nothing) Sunday seems to be the most popular night and the better teams seem to be there then too.

I just think its ashame that they don't really look after the turf anymore, ive been to places that dont let you wear any sort of studs and its trainers only so the turf doesnt get torn or worn away.

appleCORR

10. ejgrownarseman

ejgrownarseman Member

Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Oh yea the Mystic turfs are very nice. I saw some at the Nike outlets awhile back for $20, but I wasn't playing on turf at the time and didn't think I would be anytime soon so I passed. Really wish I had bought them now.

11. David89

David89 Member+

Club:
    Arsenal FC
    20? mystic's are nearly as expensive as legends these days!

should have got them, I was 50/50 on getting a pair in the blue, but getting the chance to try nikeskin was the deal sealer for me

12. ejgrownarseman

ejgrownarseman Member

Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Yea I know, right? But like I said I had no use for them at the time as I was only playing outdoor on natural grass. Now I'm playing on indoor astro one night a week and using Gatos for that. But next season I'll be playing indoor on astro two nights a week and outdoor on 3g one night a week, so I'll probably go for some nice turfs since I feel I can justify spending the money since I'll be playing on turf a lot more.

13. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

United States

Made in Japan Morelia II TM. ;)

tilburysoccer and Bolivianfuego repped this.
  14. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Bolivia
    Got some for a friend....such sweet boots...maybe get teh exact same pair...once my UL's need to get retired.

15. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

United States

Which colorway did you purchase? Imo the white/black/red one is the best, also are the studs pink or red?

16. ejgrownarseman

ejgrownarseman Member

Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Those are tempting. Actually, all the Mizuno turfs look really nice.

17. Torres92

Torres92 Member

Club:
    --other--
    I think you were talking about hypervenom phantoms? The ones in the pic are phelons so it's not with the nikeskin, that's why they look rather terrible. I really wished they would make a phantom version for indoor boots though, they would look amazing in nikeskin. But since you live in HK there is a possibility you could customize your hypervenoms with NikeID

18. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Bolivia
    My bad. Just seeing this now. It's red.

Here's a pic of the boot just before I gave it to my friend. :p

[​IMG]

19. Blaz00r

Blaz00r New Member

Club:
    Juventus FC
    Hey guys, needing help with new boots and though I could get some here :)

I'm playing once a week on concrete, for the last half+ year I've been playing with the Predito LZ TRX, which to be honest, pretty suck, so its time for new ones.

I've been reading a lot of good things about the Tiempo Mystics and been thinking about getting them, but theres one thing that bothers me - the suede on the top, as can be seen in the pic below, seems to be a bit high which can cause problems when kicking, can it really be a problem or does it only look like it can?

[​IMG]

apart of the Mystics, are there any other suggested boots for a concrete surface (leather is a must)?

Thanks ;)

20. David89

David89 Member+

Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I've tried mystics on, you won't notice it great trainers very cimfortsble , great upper

21. appleCORR7

Club:
    Manchester United FC
    England
    I tend to wear the indoor version of astro shoes on concrete to be honest. I just found it gripped a bit better and they studs didnt get in the way on the shoe. I used quite an old Nike model called the T7s. I'm not sure if you can get this model anymore but i think there will be some newer version of it.

The grip was fine and because they were designed for indoors the cushion on the insole was really good.

appleCORR

22. David89

David89 Member+

Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The T7 range is essentially the bombs/elastico lines now

Some come up on eBay every so often though

23. hwangong

hwangong Member

T7's insoles are the best that I still use them for any other pair of my indoor shoes.

24. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Club:
    AC Milan
    Italy
    Look at the Joma Top Flex. I have heard great things about those. Also definitely go for the indoor sole over the turf sole. It grips much better.

25. David89

David89 Member+

Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The floor i play on for indoors is terrible, its a smooth concrete and its like someone rubs butter all over it before we play, indoor shoes aren't to bad grip ok, but tf grip the best for me, and just about everyone else, its the worst flooring I think i might have ever played on, kills your heels too regardless of what your wearing