donating is immoral

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by persianfootball, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    United States
    Why do you continue to be such an asshole? I'm trying to engage you and you continue to resort to shit like this. Seriously, you can't name one moral public figure in any time in the history of the planet?

2. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

because thats an invalid question. i already addressed this in post 114. there were many moral people based on their knowledge at the time. i dont know enough about them to classify them as moral or immoral, but unless they lived a double life, many 'classic good people' could be defined as moral and there are no shortage of them throughout history. however, that is irrelevant as 'once you are aware of the 4 steps, you can only be moral if you perform them.' those people were never made aware of the 4 steps, or they lived in a time before the 4 steps so they cannot be judged. but i have enlightened you guys now, so it is up to you now.

you seem agitated though matt. well, rather, frustrated. but this means you are on the path to morality as you have sacrificed your own pleasure (and replaced it with frustration) in an attempt to be moral. that is a moral act.
  3. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    United States
    Eat balls.
  4. GiuseppeSignori

GiuseppeSignori Member

Club:
    Liverpool FC
    United States
    I've seen Lebron James take 4 steps on numerous occasions.
    yossarian, tomwilhelm and russ repped this.

5. StiltonFC

StiltonFC Viking Pineapple Presents

Club:
    Liverpool FC
    United States
    i've taken all 12 steps; i continue to take the 10th, 11th and 12th steps. but somehow i just cannot keep from making donations. the tenth step says to admit promptly when wrong. i've admitted my irrational animus toward Persian cats, but i waited a long, long time to do that, so i don't think that qualifies as promptly, so i guess i have not assiduously pursued the 10th step.

now i feel better.

but i'm still immoral.
  6. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Club:
    --other--
    --other--
    The NBA is chock full of moral public figures!
  7. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Bhutan
    Are you aware that your entire believe system seems to consist of platitudes?
  8. russ

russ Member+

Club:
    Liverpool FC
    United States
    Tbf,that's what most people's belief systems consist of.

So Mr. Revolutionary,who determines who gets the lion's share as opposed to the rodent's?
  9. American Brummie

American Brummie Member+

Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    United States
    I'd love to know why the inventor of the world's most amazing belief system has decided to share it on the politics forum on a soccer blog rather than publish it for the masses. Apparently his decision to increase awareness is only intended for those of us who watch God's chosen sport.
  10. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Bhutan
    True, but most are better at hiding it. Am I too picky for wanting a slightly more original pay-off than Suum cuique for actually reading his threads? :D
  11. StiltonFC

Club:
    Liverpool FC
    United States
    you would not be satisfied by 'some quicky'?
    Kudos!
  12. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That, and... Well, let's face it. We have the wisdom to not misuse the power he is willing to bestow upon us. He puts this on Facebook and it won't be long before Zuckerburg is Hitler Stalin And Genghis Khan all rolled into one and on steroids and Red Bull. He reveals it here and all humanity benefits. When, that is, we feel the time is right to share it. And when we get rid of those who choose not to receive this message.
  13. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    United States
    If we enlighten ourselves in some other way, say spiritually (on sabbath), would this eliminate the process? What about reading books or discussing morality with other apart from the internet?
    If they refuse to accept your definition of morality, or the method you are using, then that, by this simple process, means you are immoral.
    Plan for what?
    Aren't we constantly in revolution? Aren't new ideas constantly proposed and accepted? How is your basic 4 step process different than anything previously?

If reform is impossible, how to people and society change? If it is impossible to trust people, how is possible to ever make it beyond step 2? By this short explanation, it sounds very cult-ish.
    StiltonFC repped this.
  14. StiltonFC

Club:
    Liverpool FC
    United States
    i've gone to substantial lengths to enlighten people ( here ) as to my immorality -- so that they may avoid the same pitfalls -- but it seems that i am being roundly ignored. i guess i need to devise a new plan, one that would stomp on the figurative foot of anyone who continues to ignore my obviously cogent lessons.

alas, the neg rep feature has been ripped form my grasp.

onward and upward!!!
    soccernutter repped this.
  15. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

....not so moral.o_O
  16. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

the supreme morality enforcer.
  17. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

this is because currently i dont have the tools that give me that kind of audience. capitalisms fault. i have debated this myself but at least this is a start. have you started the steps?
  18. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

you are correct in a way. i mean... i have to test out my ideas first because if they backfire i drop lower on the capitalist ladder. its like an investment... the more capital you put in the more you have to lose, but if it works, you make more money. but this means i am moral as i am sacrificing myself. however, i dont want to sacrifice myself too much so i will not go 'public' with this, at least not yet.
  19. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

i said internet because it is the easiest and fastest to access. as long as the end result is the same.

how so?

for step 4.

no. reform is different from revolution. revolution is a final act that officially takes us from one point to another.

reform is possible... but it will take MUCH longer.. and MUCH more immorality will be happen before change comes. that is why i think revolution is more moral.

if you truly performed step 1 and 2 then you will be consistent with other people on key issues and thus you will go to step 3 and perform it in a harmonious manner with others.
  20. American Brummie

American Brummie Member+

Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    United States
    Yes I have. And I revere you as my leader. Teach me more.

#definitelynotsarcasm
  21. jmartin1966

jmartin1966 Member

From the title, I thought this was going to be an Ayn Rand thread.
    Dr. Wankler repped this.
  22. mak9

mak9 Member

Club:
    Real Madrid
    pf check out this video

don't pay any attention to the fools here, they're all babyboomers who don't want to see change in the status quo ...because their retirement income depends on it
  23. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Now that Mak9 drooled on it, that might happen.
  24. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member

Club:
    Chicago Fire
    United States
    And I told you that I am busy so quick asking me to give you a larger share.
  25. russ

russ Member+

Club:
    Liverpool FC
    United States
    Roger Goodell?
    minerva repped this.