1. Save 40-80% on great soccer jerseys. Shop today at BigSoccer Shop!

Fastest, Hardest shot, etc......

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by ttby4444, Jan 10, 2003.

Moderators: comme
  1. ttby4444

ttby4444 New Member

Does anyone know if Fifa puts out some sort of list on who the fastest players are? I've searched all over. I haven't got a clue who the fastest player is or ever was.

I was also curious on who has or has had the hardest soccer shot in the world. I can almost bet the Roberto Carlos is at least in the top 10 or maybe even 5.

Any help would be appreciated. This is not important but I was just curious.

Thanks

2. sequeira16

sequeira16 New Member

ronald koeman in his heyday was reknown for having one of the most powerful shots in the world

3. astabooty

astabooty Member

Club:
    FC Barcelona
    United States
    Just thinking of some fast ppl off the top of my head: Eto'o, Babandiga, Roberto Carlos, Giggs,...?

Hardest shot:hmm due to one video ive seen of Seedorf shooting a bullet from probably 40+ yards out and scoring i'd say him but i am MOST LIKELY wrong.

4. RoyalMan

RoyalMan New Member

For fastest player Henry or Rommedahl are the fastest in the world i think.

As for powerful shot i reckon Hasselbaink and Carlos are right up there.

5. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Club:
    DC United
    United States
    hardest shot

Matt Kirk

6. astabooty

astabooty Member

Club:
    FC Barcelona
    United States
    Coolest Throw In

Wome

7. gildarkevin

gildarkevin Member

Not dispositive worldwide, but intresting nonetheless, I remembered that this appeared on the Sky Sports website. It deals with the 2001-2002 season, not the current one:

Q: How fast was John Arne Riise's free-kick was against Manchester United on November 4? Is that the hardest-hit goal this season?

A: Riise's ferocious effort was measured by Sky Sports Replay 2000 at 68.4mph, the second
    hardest-hit goal this season in the Premiership.

Tugay's effort for Blackburn is the hardest, flying past Southampton goalkeeper Paul Jones at 84.2mph.

They both have some way to go to beat the hardest-recorded shot from the Premiership - David Beckham's thunderbolt against Chelsea in 1997 measured in at an amazing 97.9mph.

8. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Club:
    DC United
    United States
    Re: Coolest Throw In

I would have to say Voga Wallace

9. astabooty

astabooty Member

Club:
    FC Barcelona
    United States
    Best Dribbler: Denilson
    Best Freekick: Van Hooijdonk
    Highest Jumper: Eto'o (from wut i have seen)
    Best Forward: Henry+Shevchenko
    Best PK Taker: Van Nistelrooy
    Best passes: Zidane
    Quickest Player: Roberto Carlos
    blah blah blah tired of thinking.

10. iluvsoccer

iluvsoccer New Member

Beckham's shot

Does anybody remember Beckham's shot against Chelsea, where was he on the field?

Is there video of this somewhere on the web? I would love to see it.

11. deejay

deejay Member+

Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Bolivia
    I wonder who, in his prime, had the overall hardest shot. Koeman or Roberto Carlos? What is undeniable is that Koeman had perfected the unstoppable penalty shot.

12. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

United States
    I read somewhere that in his prime, Hristo Stoitchkov had the hardest shot in the world.

13. Mike C in DC

Mike C in DC New Member

I think one was fater than Beckham's

I don't recall the 1997 Beckham goal. But I do recall that David Trzeguet scored for Monaco (I think) against Manchester United in the Champions league maybe 3 or 4 years ago and was clocked at just over 100 miles per hour. The goal won the game, 1-0.

14. astabooty

astabooty Member

Club:
    FC Barcelona
    United States
    for everyone posting a shot's MPH, it means nothing. you have to remember the ball may of been rolling towards the player, away from him, or not moving at all. That makes a big differense. If the ball is moving away from sum 1 and they hit it at 60mph imo that is more powerful than sum1 hitting a 70mph shot with the ball moving towards them.

15. Luther_Gabriel

Luther_Gabriel New Member

I believe Beckham's goal was a PK. I don't remember seeing it, but I remember hearing about it on TV after he scored against Argentina at the World Cup.

16. Bauser

Bauser Member

Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Former Brazilian winger Eder had a shot measured at 174 km/h. I don't know what that is in mph though.

17. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

United States
    108.074532 miles per hour

18. Lawmill

Lawmill New Member

ttby4444:
    I think it's too bad that there are no standards for quickness or power. All we can do is speculate about these things. Is Owen really that fast or are his legs just short? Is Giggs more agile than Joaquin?

There's no reason why players shouldn't do a 40m dash, shot with a speed gun, or run a standard obstacle course.

Video games have ratings for things like shot power, quickness, and pace, but those are generally just speculations too.

19. saml00

saml00 New Member

yeah it is kind of wierd. American sports are fans are fanatics for that kind of thing so american sports are full of stats about how fast people run the 40M or how much they can bench press etc.

20. Blue Army

Blue Army New Member

How about Longest Throw?
    Im not 100% sure about this but Ive heard some where that it was my very own Andy Legg recorded offically, but havent read anything definite.
    Anyone have any ideas?

21. idi amin

idi amin New Member

Beckham's goal vs Chelsea was a freekick, it was mentioned on tv during the world cup right after he took pk vs argentina, just check ed my wc 2002 archive on my hd

22. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ato Bolton was a soccer player before switching to running the 100m. So if you want the fastest soccer player in the world, no one can beat him.

23. JoBeck

JoBeck New Member

Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    United States
    The fastest shot I ever saw was David Trezeguet's goal against Manchester United in 1998 at Old Trafford.

I'm pretty sure the world record for longest throw-in in football is held by Dave Challinor, 47 meters (51.4 yards)

24. pololo

pololo Member

Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Chile
    Hernan Medford was very fast in his prime,one of the runnings he did at the world cup 90 would easily compete in the olympics 100 meters.
    The hardest shooter must be Eder(Roberto Carlos role model)
    Today its problally Roberto Carlos(the hardest shooter)

25. Bauser

Bauser Member

Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    :D You Swedes have nightmare about him, don't you? He seems to be the symbol of fiasco for Sweden. It's Costa Rica '90 and Belarus '02 in Olympic hockey! Two lowest moments in Swedish teamsport history.

I remember the TV4 commentator was in awe every time he touched the ball at the World Cup last summer.

Moderators: comme