Fox Soccer Channel HD for Charter

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by TimmyHoward, Jan 3, 2011.

1. TimmyHoward

TimmyHoward Member

Club:
    AC St. Louis
    United States
    So apparently Fox Soccer Channel comes in HD but if you have Charter as your cable provider you would never know this. Does anyone know if Charter will be adding FSC to HD lineup some time this year? I feel slighted every time I see a commercial for FSC in HD and I'm left watching in standard def, and defiantly would like to watch the gold cup in high def this summer.

2. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Czechia
    I see commecials for hd fsc but AT&T doesn't get it either and nor did time warner cable when I had it. Is there even a FSC HD channel offered on any cable provider? I know the games say HD in the top right but they really arent that great.
  3. 7spencer7

7spencer7 Member

Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Well if you want to defy the cable company you can switch providers. Otherwise I don't know how defiant your viewing is going to be.

(I think the word you were looking for was "definitely")
  4. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BigSoccer Supporter

Club:
    Columbus Crew
    United States
    I know Time Warner has it in some areas, and I think Comcast has it as well. IIRC, both satellite providers have FSC in HD.

The reason why you see the "HD" logo on the screen is because they use the same feed for FSC SD and FSC HD. Needless to say, this can be quite confusing for some viewers.

IIRC, ESPN uses different feeds, as evidenced by the ticker. Turn on ESPN SD, and you'll see the ticker say "ESPN" and their ticker can be showing NBA scores. Flip to ESPN HD, and the ticker says "ESPN HD" and can be showing something entirely different on the ticker.

5. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

United States
    It appears that in most areas, Charter has now dropped Fox Soccer totally. TWC doesn't carry it in a lot of places either.
  6. TarheelJTK

TarheelJTK Member

How can they drop a channel that doesn't exist? FSC is now FXX.
    Kryptonite and Dante repped this.
  7. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

United States
    FXX is not soccer.. Perhaps you were being sarcastic? FXX is a general entertainment channel. But it does appear FSC is history.. :sick: I missed the death while in my coma! ;)
  8. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BigSoccer Supporter

Club:
    Columbus Crew
    United States
    Yes. When FOX lost a ton of rights, they rebranded.
    Speed Channel is now FOX Sports 1 -- General sports
    FUEL is now FOX Sports 2 -- General Sports
    FOX Soccer is now FXX - General entertainment

UEFA CL is on FOX Deportes, FOX Soccer Plus, FOX Sports 1, FS2, and your regional channel. If you have DirecTV, the overflow channels are back.

There's a multitude of threads about it.
  9. TarheelJTK

TarheelJTK Member

I was not being sarcastic. FSC can't be dropped by anyone because it doesn't exist. It became FXX.