1. Save 40-80% on great soccer jerseys. Shop today at BigSoccer Shop!

Liverpool v. Newcantbearsed - EPL - May 11 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by newterp, May 8, 2014.

1. newterp

newterp Member+

Club:
    Liverpool FC
    United States
    We are on NBCSN at 10am
    Citeh are on NBC at 10am

Yes - there is still a chance that the most ridiculous thing since Istanbul could happen - so let's all hold out hope.

At worst we finish 2nd from 7th the year before - and we are bringing back European nights to Anfield - proper ones no less - as the Champions League beckons.

Given that we must win the game - the team will be the same with Coutinho if fit coming in for Lucas.

poopoobigelow repped this.

2. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Let's hope the Downing/Carroll duo can connect Sunday.

And I'm glad somebody else started this as I wasn't about to...shouldn't it be "neWcantbearsed"?

3. newterp

newterp Member+

Club:
    Liverpool FC
    United States
    It sure should - but the keyboard gremlins got me - and I can't edit it.

4. coachamurton

coachamurton Member

Club:
    Liverpool FC
    United States
    Happy with the season. Icing would be a Citeh slip. Let's give Anfield another great day!

5. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Australia
    Craroll with the hattrick as he's trying to make Brazil & impress Woy! :D

poopoobigelow repped this.
  6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Club:
    Liverpool FC
    England
    My first trip to Anfield :)

7. coachamurton

coachamurton Member

Club:
    Liverpool FC
    United States
    very Jealous. Enjoy it and see if you can't get on RedmanTV so you can tell us to watch your post match reaction.;)

liverbird and burning247 repped this.
  8. CB-West

CB-West Member

Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Still all to play for...with a win we could take the title...with a loss we could drop to third.
    Second from seventh isn't a bad season - especially when the team to finish above us is the only team in the BPL to be penalized for FFP violations...in other words THEY CHEATED! :mad::)

liverbird repped this.
  9. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Liverpool FC
    England
    We win, they lose, simple (stolen from Anfield Wrap) :D

10. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Club:
    DC United
    United States
    Saw a tweet from the new supporters group on the Kop. They are still planning to meet the coach and walk with the bus in. Great. The lads deserve it and we want them angry and stoked to really take it to the Toon. I would love for Luis to get a brace and finish with 33 goals. But a win will do.

[​IMG]

11. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Club:
    Liverpool FC
    England
    A win. In response to those who point to our lack of European action, we have deserved everything we achieved thus far. So let's have a grand old time on Sunday.

12. owian

owian Member+

Club:
    Liverpool FC
    United States
    Let's just win, and finish the season the way we should.

coachamurton repped this.
  13. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

Watched Liverpool Connected yesterday. Five matches where we trounced the barcodes over the years.

Fun to watch, gets you up for the game but has absolutely no bearing on the coming Sundays match...:)

14. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

Should be a great atmosphere there for you. Enjoy...:)

We'll look out for you wearing your stars and stripes. :D

liverbird and burning247 repped this.
  15. newterp

newterp Member+

Club:
    Liverpool FC
    United States

Oops - forgot that Henderson is back - so he goes in for Lucas. Coutinho on the bench (or Allen).

16. drobny23

drobny23 Member

Club:
    Liverpool FC
    There is not enough unreasonable, expectant, nervous hope on this board.

Not nearly enough.

You do realize that City have not yet won at the Etihad, right? They've yet to play the game. Surely despite years of bickering through the H&G years, we can all agree that Downing and Andy Carroll are beyond due to score a brace. Each. They're in, like, their fourth trimester. Those braces are in overdue gestation. So much so, it's more likely than not -- and probably a mortal lock -- they're going to hammer in a total of 4 goals against City.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm having glorious dreams. With apologies to Roy, last night featured Gerrard banging in a goal to make it 3-0 over the Headbutting Pardews on 20', but Gerrard's leg is mangled in the process, and at his post- WE WON THE LEAGUE celebration presser, while he'll miss the World Cup, he regrets only that he has but two legs to give Liverpool.

We could win the league Sunday, guys. Win. The. League. And I don't want to look back on this thread Sunday night and read "Sigh, I hope we finish above Chelsea, good season, lads."

Let's go win the league.

Tears of joy this week.

That is all.

17. burning247

burning247 Member+

Club:
    Liverpool FC
    England
    That's the spirit.

el-capitano and liverbird repped this.
  18. CB-West

CB-West Member

Club:
    Liverpool FC
    YES! Let's just win the league!...we take Newcastle and our boys at West Ham hammer the citizens

Crying in football? Dang straight! - there will be tears of joy all the way around!

Come on you Reds!!!! COME ON!

19. hoffa989

hoffa989 Member

I'd like to copy my post from the Palace thread.

"A spirit lifting trip down the memory lane, back to 1995.
    Last game of the season, Roversplay us and Manchester United play West Ham and need a win and Rovers to drop points. We beat Blackburn and go up by one point ahead of Leeds. Manchester need a win, but they draw against West Ham and title goes to Blackburn. That was our first season to qualify for Europe again, and West Ham were a lower mid table team.

This Sunday is another opportunity for West Ham to deny a Manchester club the title, and for us to overtake a club in front by one point. Back in Europe and lower mid table places are already there for us and the Hammers.

Back in 1947 Stoke lost their last game of the season and we won it for the first time after 24 years.

Nothing's lost yet. City lost their last match of the season last year, at home to Norwich, and they barely managed to beat QPR two years ago. By winning on Sunday, they'll have their third run of at least 6 unbeaten matches in one season. They've never done that before. If they don't lose, they sure deserve the title, but it's 90 more minutes from being over."

My heart tells me we deserve the title, for being the bravest, most fearless lot in the Premierleague. My guts tell me we're in for something special. My head tells me we had a marvelous season, and all that matters is to give a good display at Anfield, one that would end the season in a manner we've been playing this whole season. It also tells me City will hardly lose all three points.
    If they go into the game knowing they mustn't lose and that the draw is enough, Hammers could score - and that could cause major panic in the blue part of Manchester. And that could be our chance. But regardless, let's not waste words on their team, this is all about the Redmen.

Here's a song from my favourite band, featuring the best supporters in the world, one which describes this season perfectly! And the name suits our lads like a glove.

You say the hill's too steep to climb. (climbing)
    you say you'd like to see me try. (climbing)
    you pick the place and I'll choose the time,
    And I'll climb the hill in my own way, just wait a while for the right day
    And as I rise above the tree-line in the clouds
    I look down hearing the sound of the things you've said today.

20. aw072760

aw072760 Member

Club:
    Liverpool FC
    United States
    Can you guys imagine the chaos if Stewie crosses one in to Big Andy in the 92nd minute to head one home to give West Ham the game, as we're up in our game. Jesus so many crazy story lines could be written this Sunday. Or City could (honestly more than likely will) win their game comfortably and win the title. But man, what a completely un thought of season we have had. In my wildest dreams I never saw us flirting with and being in the driver's seat for the title with 3 games to play. No matter what happens this weekend, this season was a huge success and hopefully is the stepping stone to even greater things for this great football club.

21. owian

owian Member+

Club:
    Liverpool FC
    United States
    I am just trying to keep the nerves down. But no matter what I do they will be crazy from the kick off until...

22. Suss

Suss Member

Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I know that during our recent match-up with West Ham I was incredibly nervous the entire time. They are a very difficult team to play against and Carroll is a real threat. After we beat them, Andy tweeted that they had just lost to the champions. He is going to look like a fool unless he leads his team to victory.

This should be a fun game regardless of what happens at the Ethiad. The return of Henderson will be a real boost, and the pressure is off. Lets just blow their doors off and then see what happens.

23. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Liverpool FC
    England
    Once we are 13-0 up at half time, City will be very nervous!!!

Wingtips1, Kawklee and el-capitano repped this.
  24. hoffa989

hoffa989 Member

Yeah, if only we won at Palace.

25. LiverpoolFanatic

LiverpoolFanatic Peace.

Club:
    Liverpool FC
    United States
    I went to the Shepherd's Dog pub on the Otley Road in Harrogate the first time I ever saw Liverpool play Newcastle. My neighbor, Roger a firefighter in Leeds, showed up to watch the match despite his being a supporter of Man Ure, saying that Liverpool and Newcastle always put on a goal fest. That day young Mikey Owen ran riot on the Magpies. I think the match ended 4-3. It was a good time.

I'll settle for a 4-0 this time round and be happy with a runner up spot. Of course, I'll be a lot less calm about things on Sunday and hoping beyond hope that the Liverpool rejects at West Ham do the business. Up the IRONS!

usscouse and liverbird repped this.