1. Save 40-80% on great soccer jerseys. Shop today at BigSoccer Shop!

Los Ultimos dias del Cholo?

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by BigSoccer Bot, Oct 23, 2008.

Moderators: locoxriver
  1. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

News: Se equivocó de rival

More...

2. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

uds creen que los resultados recientes, acercan al Cholo a su ultimo partido?

cuanta paciencia le pueden tener los directivos?

3. BigSoccer Bot

News: Renovación

Diego Simeone sorprendió en el entrenamiento de River Plate, y puso una formación con varias sorpresas.

More...

4. BigSoccer Bot

News: Es el peor de todos

El equipo de Diego Simeone parece no tener piso. Cada fecha que pasa, su situación es peor. Ahora, con el empate en el Monumental, sumó su 10º encuentro sin victorias y, por el triunfo de Central, está último solo en la tabla. Un papelón...

More...

5. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

otro empate con el cholo
    van 10 juegos sin ganar de a 3
    estaran esperando el partido vs chivas para hacer algo? o es muy tarde?

por otro lado se dice que ya estan hablando con NERI PUMPIDO PARA reemplazar al fracaso del cholo.

6. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Club:
    CA Independiente
    Argentina
    Y me parece que a esta altura la Sudamericana es lo que puede llegar a ganar River por más que tienen que dar vuelta un partido dificil contra Chivas, creo que ese partido puede ser el ultimo de no haber un resultado positivo.

7. leoriver

leoriver New Member

I dont know what the rumors are but you calling Simeone a fracaso? He won a title with RIver in his first year I wouldnt call that a fracaso.

We all know that his intentions is to coach in Europe one day and eventhough things havent gone our way this half of the season I respect him and thank him for what he did.Things like this happen and if he isnt the coach of River begining of the next year, I wish him the best.

8. BigSoccer Bot

News: Simeone, con ataque de nervios

More...

9. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

un fracaso reciente
    grande por su titulo en su momento
    pero dejo caer al club muy rapido: no PODES IR FROM HERO TO ZERO, si queres dirigir en las segundas ligas de europa......

10. BigSoccer Bot

News: "La realidad es que estamos últimos"

Simeone no busca excusas para el momento de River: "Todos entendamos esta situación que nos es normal", aseguró, y explicó que la piña que le dio a una puerta y que le provocó una fisura fue "una descarga emocional, por impotencia".

More...

11. BigSoccer Bot

News: Se cayó de maduro

Diego Simeone renunció a la dirección técnica del Millonario tras la eliminación en la Sudamericana. Va a dirigir su último partido este domingo ante Huracán.

More...

12. aerez

aerez Member

I don't blame Simeone for this teams performance, he already proved himself. This team has been hurting for years, and it's because of the offset of players. River will continue to suck until they can maintain a stable team for more than just 5 months. This team has been in trouble before Simeone got hired. :mad:

13. BigSoccer Bot

News:

Diego Simeone, a pesar del pedido de dirigentes y jugadores para que continúe, dirigirá esta tarde, en el Monumental, su último partido en River. Será cuando reciba a Huracán, que estrena en el banco a Angel Cappa. Seguí las jugadas Minuto a Minuto.

More...

14. berloha

berloha Member

Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    Mhh. It all falls back to the D.T. That's football.

15. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Club:
    CA River Plate

That's every team sport. Whether it's baseball, American football, or basketball. The coach always takes the fall.

16. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Club:
    CA Independiente
    Argentina
    Gallego and Pumpido seem to be the candidates to replace Simeone, although they would take the team when the Apertura is over.

17. berloha

berloha Member

Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    pretty smart by them.

18. BigSoccer Bot

News: A River lo agarra cualquiera

La danza de nombres para suceder al Cholo Simeone es interminable y se siguen sumando. Algunos de los candidatos son Gallego, Cagna, Gorosito, Pumpido, Ramón Díaz, Pekerman, Francescoli, el Checho Batista, J.J. López y hasta Chilavert.

More...

19. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Club:
    CA Independiente
    Argentina
    Of all the names floating around Cagna is the less credible of all them, my dad told me he heard it on TV and i thought he mistook the issue, but no today i heard it in different places.

Anyway, i think it's gonna be Gallego.

20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    CA River Plate
    Argentina
    Well Cagna threw out the quote that "Borghi is a Racing fan, and he coached Independiente". He also mentioned that he has recision clause which would allow him to leave Tigre whenever he wants in exchange for a sum of money. In other words, he has expressed his interest in joining River.

Still, I doubt he will since Aguilar just recently mentioned how he didn't want to experiment with an outsider again, but rather with an "hombre de casa". Everything seems to indicate that it will be Gallego, if anything Pumpido should be the second option.

21. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Club:
    CA Independiente
    Argentina
    If River signed Cagna it would more look like spit on the eye of Boca, because Cagna is likely an option for them as a coach replacement of Ischia, if Ischia leaves that is.

According the media, it seems Cagna's name gained recognition at River offices.

22. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member

Club:
    CA River Plate
    Argentina
    I would love to see Cagna at River, first because he's a damn good coach (Just look at what he's done at Tigre with few resources), and second because, like you said, it would be a spit in the eye and a slap in the face to Boca fans.

I'd also like to register my disappointment about Cholo's departure. I've been one of the most vocal supporters of Simeone here (last I checked, been gone a while), and I think he could have pulled the team out of the slump. This breakdown after a title winning season has been symptomatic of Argentina for at least two years now, starting with Simeone at Estudiantes but continuing through Lanus (who were horrible last season) and San Lorenzo, who also plumetted down the table after winning the title. He managed to recover a lot of players from the abyss that was Passarella's tenure, including Carrizo, Abelairas, Ahumada and Falcao. Almost every player on our team has el Cholo thank in one way or another.

I also think that the level of ingratitude shown by some River fans is shocking. We went four years without a title, and people started getting pissed at Simeone, despite what I mentioned earlier of the systematic collapse of championship winning teams in the past few years (only exception that springs to mind is Basile's Boca). Still, I think it was a really nice gesture in his last game in charge against Huracan to bring banners thanking him instead of insulting him, and the ovations were touching.

Shame to see him go, gracias por todo Cholo :(

Moderators: locoxriver