1. Save 40-80% on great soccer jerseys. Shop today at BigSoccer Shop!

Morris County (NJ) 2013 tryouts

Discussion in 'NPSL' started by msilverstein47, Dec 27, 2012.

1. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 BigSoccer Supporter

United States
    The Morris County Colonials - fresh from the most successful campaign in the team's history - are excited to announce tryouts for the organization's 2013 squads. The Colonials senior team will compete in the National Premier Soccer League (NPSL) - the highest level of amateur soccer in the US - while its U20s team will once again play in US Club Soccer's National Adult Leagues (NAL), creating a structure that allows movement between these levels.

In 2012, the Morris County Colonials reached the playoffs for the first time in their history and also recorded the biggest away win in the entire league after a 7-0 rout of Pocono Snow. During the season, the Colonials only lost two games and were the only team to beat FC Sonic LeHigh Valley - a feat that would not be repeated, as Sonic would go on to win the NPSL National Championships.

The Colonials will be holding tryouts at Smith Field, 69 Baldwin Road, Parsippany on two consecutive weekends:​

Saturday 5th January: 5:00 - 7:00pm
    Saturday 12th January: 5:00 - 7:00pm

2. msilverstein47

United States
    Due to adverse weather conditions, the last round of invite-only tryouts for the Morris County Colonials senior men's team are being postponed from this weekend to February 2nd.

3. msilverstein47

United States
  4. msilverstein47

United States
    The Morris County Colonials were unable to get the better of Clarkstown Eagles in NY Wednesday when their hosts were able to get revenge following a 1-0 loss to the Colonials back in late May. However, the Colonials have confidence ahead of their next tie at home to Lone Star - when they hope to get vengeance of their own in a highly competitive Northeast Conference.

In the game, the Eagles were immediately put on the back foot, though two quick goals meant the Colonials faced an early 2-0 deficit. The Eagles took control and ultimately scored a third just before half time. However, in the second period, the Colonials took control and before long, they got a much deserved goal from new striker Drew Helm - one of the most exciting signings in Colonials history.

Sadly, the final 25 minutes of the game did not produce any more goals, as the Eagles defense tightened in the face of big pressure from the Colonials - and a couple of contentious offside calls were made.

Ahead of the next game at home against Junior Lone Star (Sunday June 16th, 8pm), head coach Tom Worthington said: "We didn't get the result we think we deserved, but the Eagles were well-organized. With the new addition of Drew Helm, it's looking even better for us - and we know we'll prove it against Lone Star this weekend!"

To learn more about the exciting new signing, look out for a special story on Helm soon!

5. msilverstein47

United States
    looks to me like Morris County has dropped out of the NPSL...

The Morris County Colonials are excited to announce that tryouts have been scheduled for the squad's 2014 teams, which will play in the US Club Soccer National Adult League (NAL) North East Premier Division.
    The Colonials have appointed Morris United STA College Soccer Liaison Seve Hirst as the Head Coach for the 2014 season. Games with the new-look Colonials team will run from May through the end of July, and will help players stay sharp before returning to collegiate soccer school.

Trials are open to players that have graduated college, currently at college playing soccer and high school seniors playing at the premier club level capable of playing collegiate soccer.
    The Colonials will run both a senior team and a U20 team, with some training and games integrated between the two rosters.
    Tryouts will be held in Parsippany (field TBD) on:
    Saturday 11th January - 5:00pm - 7:00pm
    Saturday 18th January - 5:00pm -7:00pm

For more information, please visit the website or contact Head Coach Seve Hirst at [email protected] or 862-279-5586!

6. Zamphyr

Zamphyr Member

United States
    That's too bad. They were never good but seemed to be one of the 'older' NPSL clubs (7+ years?).
    NAL looks like a step down and a shorter season (6-8 games), but I guess self-relegating is always better than folding.

7. rhrh

rhrh Member

Club:
    AC Milan
    I was told in an email the U23 team will be in the NPSL, and the U20 team will be in the NAL.

I'll guess we'll find out.

8. msilverstein47

United States
    again this press release doesn't mention the NPSL...you could be correct...but it's a bit murky

After several weeks of bad weather - postponing tryouts for the squad - the Morris County Colonials were finally able to hold tryouts on Saturday for the 2014 senior and U20 teams at Veterans Field in Parsippany NJ.
    It was well attended on a cold January evening, with over 50 players in attendance showing their skills. Head coach Seve Hirst was impressed with the quality of players on display, with players coming from a diverse range of colleges and amateur soccer backgrounds to make the selection process as difficult as ever.
    He said: "The interest in the 2014 Colonials squads has been very high, and I was impressed with the talent on show. The weather has not been kind to us during the tryout period, so I was glad that we were able to hold the tryouts on Saturday, and the number of players was encouraging."
    Hirst added: "We're looking to get some players committed this week, and I'm excited about the roster for the 2014 NAL season."

9. rhrh

rhrh Member

Club:
    AC Milan
    My son was told the turnout was 47, but I think some showed up late. It was unclear whether there were half U23 and half U20, but they mostly looked older. They are supposed to email whether there is an offer and for which team.

Definitely a mix of soccer styles, that will be the challenge, to pick a team that will work well together.

From Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_NPSL_season

(see notes at the bottom of the page about teams withdrawing)

I guess both will be NAL therefore.

10. msilverstein47

United States
    one never really knows until the NPSL schedules are released...since the East Coast AGM was held at NYAC this past weekend (see link below) I would guess that maybe 4-6 weeks from now we might have a final answer.

https://twitter.com/Hitchnewbiz/status/424964167096107008/photo/1

11. rhrh

rhrh Member

Club:
    AC Milan
  12. msilverstein47

United States
    and I've just been provided with a copy of a schedule for the Keystone Conference and they are definitely not included.

13. msilverstein47

United States
    The Morris County Colonials are once again delighted to announce that they will be holding tryouts for its 2015 team, which makes a return to the highly-competitive National Premier Soccer League (NPSL) next summer!

Two tryouts - one held on Saturday December 27th and another on Saturday January 3rd - are open to players of all ages, providing excellent off-season training and competitive opportunities throughout May, June and July.

Both tryouts will be at Jannarone Park in Parsippany, and will be fielding a senior teams in the NPSL and a reserve squad in the National Adult Leagues; there will be opportunities for players to advance to the senior team.

To register, click here and select "Senior Team" from the menu. For all questions, feel free to contact head coach Fred Wright at [email protected]!