Alert: Other teams discussion thread Vol. 13. - spoilers within.

Discussion in 'DC United' started by morrissey, Mar 23, 2014.

1. griffin1108

griffin1108 Hinckley United 1997-2013 RIP

Don't worry, it's $5 for DCU STH.
    sitruc repped this.

2. benni...

benni... scream @ me.

What's going on with the women's NT?
  3. sitruc

sitruc Member+

A special kind of cluster********.
    benni... repped this.
  4. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Club:
    DC United
    United States
    Julie Foudy jumped on twitter to complain about how the players are getting too much blame because the USSF asked them not to comment ....... which makes me think it's the players.
    Winoman, greatscott and benni... repped this.

5. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Club:
    DC United
  6. sitruc

sitruc Member+

I'm leaning towards older players have issues with the coach, but it's too early and hard to tell at this point. Other tweets and quotes make that sound slightly less likely. It could be strictly between Gulati and Sermani.
    I'd be upset to. Those are some shitty donuts.
  7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 BigSoccer Supporter

United States
    more "pro soccer" coming to N Virginia...

http://www.aslsoccer.us/index.php/news#08

The American Soccer League (ASL) is proud to announce that the Evergreen Diplomats have joined the league.
    ASL Founder/CEO Matt Driver stated. “The ownership and management group have been amazing to partner with and I know that they are the right group to bring professional soccer to Northern Virginia.”
    The group that owns the team is the United Paradigm Group LLC.
    The coaching staff is already in place and the group believes that they have found a staff with the correct credentials and experience, which includes coaching at the highest levels in the U.S. and Europe.
    “We are ecstatic about the opportunity,” a representative from the United Paradigm Group LLC stated. “Anytime you can be on the ground floor of something new that has the potential to show the country how to build the platform for a player’s success, then we knew as a group we had to get on board.”
    “We will bring a unique look and approach to building the total Paradigm,” the representative added.
    The team will play out of the Northern Virginia area, a region known for great soccer talent and strong support for the game. The stadium is a soccer-only facility with FIFA approved turf.
    The club can be found at www.evergreendiplomats.us and on Twitter @diplomatsoccer.
  8. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Club:
    DC United
    United States
    Interesting.

The Evergreen Complex is something relatively new that I assumed was part of a church with too much money - they recently built a set of fields (think HS/Rec, not pro size). I thought all or mostly baseball fields.
    They have really made traffic on one of my ways home a pain in the ass. Now I'm going to have to drive in to see what's behind the baseball fields......

At least now I know where to look up their field schedule. Between them and Heritage High (basically across the street) I need to pay attention to their field schedules so I can skip my regular exit and go down one more before I get off the Greenway when something big is going on :)

I NEVER trust anyone that uses the word Paradigm. Never. It's a sure sign of bullshit to follow :cool:
    And the "filter" to make the Press Releases look like it's/they're scanned from a dirty mimeograph .... :rolleyes:

I also pass this place on my way to the dump on Saturday mornings. Never seen anyone there then.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
    msilverstein47 repped this.
  9. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 BigSoccer Supporter

United States
    TRIAL DATES: April 12th & 13th
    TIMES: April 12th & 13th Registration is 9 am both days
    April 12th Field Training 10 am – 3 pm
    April 13th Field Training 10 am – 2 pm
    COST: $75 dollars a day or $125 for both days.
    REGISTRATION: REQUIRED and Fees are Due April 12th & 13th at 9 am
    Where: Northern Va, TBA

if you will kindly look at their website they are apparently having their tryouts this weekend for a cost of $125 at a place called TBA in Northern VA...oh the mystery continues...lol
  10. shammypants

shammypants Member+

Club:
    DC United
    Pitbull released the "official world cup song" and it's so bad I don't even want to link it.

It has 10x more dislikes currently than Wave your Flag has earned in 4 years.

Here's hoping the fans force FIFA to change their course here because damn, Pitbull is shit.
    Winoman and NASI GORENG repped this.
  11. nobletea

nobletea Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    DC United
    United States
    I've never heard of this thing you are calling pitbull... This is a dog, no?
    Winoman repped this.
  12. Don't Tread on Me

Don't Tread on Me Member

Club:
    DC United
    United States
    Why would they not choose a Brazilian artist/song? there's no shortage of them.
    anyway, here's the unofficial world cup song.
  13. benni...

benni... scream @ me.

Random but I don't see a point in having both Zusi and Brad Davis on the US roster. Redundant. Hated that they were on the pitch together.

Jozy will somehow make the world cup but he's garbage.

Anybody know the status on Timothy Chandler?
  14. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Club:
    DC United
    I don't think Davis is going. I'm not convinced he'll even be an alternate. Yes, he serves up a good cross and set pieces, but so do a lot of other players that bring more pace (and health) to the table.
    Yeah, but so will Dempsey, and likely EJ. That means one of Boyd or ArJo won't which is stupid.
    Still injured.
    DCUSA, Winoman and benni... repped this.
  15. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Drop Lopez, more Claudia Leitte and somehow get Pitbull to STFU and I would still prefer to hear Shakira sing "leggo" for 4 minutes.
    Winoman repped this.
  16. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Club:
    DC United
    United States
    I had to laugh - when I drove past this place last night on my way home, for the first time I've seen (last went this way Friday) it had a big green canvas Evergreen SportsPlex sign/banner up at the entrance, and the old wooden Evergreen Church sign was moved a bit further down from the entrance :)
    Lots of construction going on back there.
  17. Q*bert Jones III

Club:
    DC United
    Hey, @nobletea, we should probably start a separate World Cup Discussion Thread.
    NASI GORENG repped this.
  18. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Could it be possible that Atlanta fans on BS become more annoying than fans of other franchises? The "us versus the world"/victim mentality is high with them.
  19. nobletea

nobletea Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    DC United
    United States
    You'll find a helping hand at the end of your arm.

But seriously, I can't ever tell when you're serious anymore, it happens so rarely. Do we need one already? Did we have one 4 years ago? Should we sticky it? Input?

I guess other people have more time than I do to think about the World Cup right now?
    NASI GORENG repped this.
  20. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Club:
    DC United
    United States
    If someone wants one, they can start an off-topic thread, probably won't hurt anything. I wouldn't sticky it - if it matters, it'll stay on the first few pages.
    Maybe people who are going want to talk about travel plans with other United fans, I can't imagine anything useful could be discussed as far as competition yet :)
  21. JRHokie

JRHokie Member

I agree - I vote for this one with theis exact performance by Neymar
  22. Q*bert Jones III

Club:
    DC United
    Flattery will get you everywhere.
  23. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Club:
    DC United
    I'm an hour and a half away from Atlanta and haven't the slightest desire to become a fan of the team. They might become my third team (after DC and FCD) if they put together a decent enough squad. At the very least, I will show up for a few games every year, though, so I look forward to that.
  24. The Cold Sea

The Cold Sea Señor Mejor

Club:
    Chelsea FC
    --other--
    Isn't Edu Krieger Brazilian? https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edu_Krieger
  25. Don't Tread on Me

Don't Tread on Me Member

Club:
    DC United
    United States