Potential 2026 WC Hosts (Update: UEFA, AFC Ineligible)

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Goforthekill, May 12, 2012.

1. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Sure. But Latin America is anti American as it is. And Europe if anyone would make a stand.

2. Unak78

Unak78 BigSoccer Supporter

Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nigeria
    Soldier Field has already been replaced in my opinion. That thing they plopped down on top of Soldier Field is not Soldier field.

unclesox and zahzah repped this.
  3. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Chile
    where do you get such a foolish idea ?

We latin americans are very proud to be american.
    :cool:

sitruc and Sandinista repped this.
  4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Club:
    --other--
    Miami's stadium is not old anymore. It is a new State of the art facility after renovations this past summer (which is why the Copa America Centenario could not take place there.)

Soldier Field was not on the cut list of the 2022 bid. Indianapolis was.

5. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member

Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I can't speak to the Latin American people's feeling about the USA (although I imagine it's varied and complicated), but the FA's through their representatives vote, not the people. If a USA World Cup delivers more cash, or promises better luxury suites in the hotels and stadiums, that will be a strong factor.
    That's interesting, I hear Indianapolis is a nice town, but Chicago is much bigger. Shows how the people who chose these things are looking much more at the stadium eminites that they will be in than concern for plebiscite.
    I read after the redo they pitched a corporate name for Soldeir Field, but there was enough push back that they decided not to abandon the veterans that the stadium was named in honor.

6. Unak78

Unak78 BigSoccer Supporter

Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nigeria
    A bit off-topic, but I often wonder why corporations push for comprehensive renames of stadiums rather than simply adding their name to the beginning of the stadium's original name and getting what they want while still preserving the stadiums intrinsic integrity. It makes no sense. Noone can even keep up with stadium names these days, but if you simply call something, say... Standard and Poor's Soldier Field, then fans at least still have something to latch onto while the corporation still get's it's advert. Doing it the way that they do often results in a situation such as the old Candlestick where after multiple renames ppl were still calling it simply "Candlestick". Noone even remembers who's sponsoring it. Look at FNB in South Africa, everyone just calls it Soccer City, whereas if they'd added their name to the established one, they might get people to identify their brand with the known identifier rather than feeling compelled to have to choose between the two.

AlbertCamus repped this.