1. Save 40-80% on great soccer jerseys. Shop today at BigSoccer Shop!

Practicing soccer when you're alone

Discussion in 'Player' started by Patsfan2107, Dec 13, 2005.

Moderators: appleCORR7
  1. Patsfan2107

Patsfan2107 New Member

Besides conditioning(long distance running, sprints, pushups, leg lifts, situps, etc) and juggling what other 1 player drills help you out a lot?

2. JUKE BOX8

JUKE BOX8 New Member

Kicking the ball against a wall and trapping it. Doing this repeatedly helped my touch alot.

3. loden

loden Member

Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    practice setting up your shot and shooting into a very tiny window

whipping the ball with every surface

shoot on the volley

work on your weaker foot

practice keeping the ball in the air, kick it up at least 10 feet on each touch

practice dribbling to both left and right

in my view practicing with a wall is largely a waste of time because you're not really receiving after you've just kicked the ball, a good alternative is to practice throwing a tennis ball at the wall and trapping it as it comes back

go to a basketball court and attempt to kick/header/knee the ball into the basket

4. ctsoccer13

ctsoccer13 Member

Club:
    Manchester United FC
    United States
    while i agree with some of your other suggestions, I think that a wall is very helpful. You can vary how far you are from the wall to determine how/when you trap. Play a ball in the air or on the ground and depending on where you position yourself you can adjust for the trap. Plus you can vary the speed as to how fast it comes back at you. The closer you are and the harder you hit it the faster you need to react. Chalk some squares on the wall and you've got targets. It'll help with your accuracy. You can practice volleys, half-volleys, etc. Good luck.

5. FCBayern1613

FCBayern1613 New Member

i love to juggle thats all i do and i try to get my cross overs really fast with both feet alot of touches thats all i have to say.

6. usasoccerhooligan

usasoccerhooligan Member

i usually work mostly with my weak foot. i dribble around the house alot, doing turns and such. you can also practice heading by juggling with your head or setting up boxes and heading the ball into them.

7. indybar

indybar New Member

yeah, dribbling around the house is so fun!

8. hanadona

hanadona New Member

First I juggle for 30 minutes with different types of juggles. Back spin and no spin also high juggling. Then kick on a wall for awhile. Use different parts of the foot. Dribble around and do coerver type drills or make up your own drills.

9. sHperacLu

sHperacLu New Member

A good drill involving the wall is the 2 touch trap/shoot. It's as simple as it sounds, shoot the ball from an average distance so it bounces off the wall, run for it, use one touch for trapping it, without letting it touch the ground, and shoot again, and so on! You can vary it, if you are lucky enough to have 2 walls at a fair distance, you shoot towards the left wall -> it bounces back -> trap -> turn+shoot towards the other wall. This is good for a striker, especially when you are caught with your back to the goal often, and are being aimed with long balls! Good luck!

10. nsa

nsa Member+

Club:
    New England Revolution
    United States
    Michelle Akers (former USWNT player and FIFA Woman of the Century) would set up folding chairs (the kind with legs that stick out at odd angles) in the gym for dribbling practice instead of cones. The chair legs acted like a defender's foot poking at the ball. :)

11. benilson09

benilson09 New Member

Any type of coordination drill with the ball, there are so many ways to keep juggling from getting boring. Try juggling tennis balls.

12. dominate

dominate New Member

13. pappa

pappa New Member

also some nice drills here with more available soon

Moderators: appleCORR7