1. Save 40-80% on great soccer jerseys. Shop today at BigSoccer Shop!

Quick Return to England - Cheltenham Town vs. QPR

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Atouk, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

Club:
    DC United
    United States
    I couldn't pass up the chance to see DC United at White Hart Lane, so I'm going back to London next week (Thursday-Sunday). I'll see United on Thursday, but, unfortunately, the R's aren't in the Bush on Saturday, so I'm going to have to trek it to Cheltenham Town (!) to see the SuperHoops.

I've seen them away from Loftus Road only once before (against PNE w/ Brian McBride) and, although I'd rather see them at home, I'm looking forward to getting to check out the whole different scene. I placed my order for a ticket yesterday morning, and they said it was arranged, but didn't tell me whether I was one of the 300 with a seat or if I'll be in the terraces.

At this point, I'm planning to take the train. I did that to the PNE match and it was good to be able to buy beer, etc. I was in a section of cars reserved for R's fans, which was great as I was able to meet some cool folks. I guess with the drop to Division Two, they aren't as likely to have dedicated train cars. I didn't see anything about them on the club site (only coaches are mentioned). Anyone know if that's out while we're in the Second Division?

Also, do I understand it that correctly that there is no alcohol allowed on the team-arranged coaches? If so, I guess it's the train for me!

Anyway, two QPR matches within a month. Can't beat that!

Mark

2. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    United States
    You're officially a bastard now Mark! ;)

Cheltenham should be very nice. Arguably the nicest, most quaint town with a league club - from what I've heard. Bet you'll be able to get some nice real ales and ciders pre-game (if thats your bag). Not sure about the train situation, but if you get on anyone from Paddington that gets into town before the match. There will be plenty of hoops on board. Nothing beats a good awayday. I had some doozies when I was living over there.