Real Madrid C.F vs FC Schalke 04 | Champions League | Round of 16 | 18.03.14 | 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Tobias19, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobias19

Tobias19 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sweden
    Eddie, Deep Pal, sleepyvato50 and 4 others repped this.

2. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Expected Line-ups:

Real Madrid: Casillas; Nacho, Varane, Ramos, Coentrao; Illarra, Casemiro, Isco; Jese, Morata, Ronaldo
    Bench: Lopez, Carvajal, Pepe, Di Maria, Alonso, Modric, Bale

Schalke: Fahrmann; Hoogland, Santana, Matip, Kolasinac; Boateng, Farfan, Neustadter, Draxler, Meyer; Huntelaar

Recent Form:

Real Madrid: WWDWW
    Schalke: DLLWW
    Eddie, temesgen, Crimson and 2 others repped this.
  3. jeremy123

jeremy123 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Benzema is not fit in time for el clasico then this match could be the deciding factor in determining who will replace him on Sunday. If Morata has a poor match then he will have no chance.

Hopefully the midfield 3 get a rest. I would play Illarra-Casemiro-Isco
  4. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm hoping not to see Pepe, Carvajal, Marcelo, Alonso, Modric or Bale tonight.
    temesgen, -Fifth CharM- and RMSocrates repped this.

5. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Club:
    Real Madrid
    imo modrič will play 45 or 60min ant then casemiro will come.hope to see great match :)
  6. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ancelotti will never choose the midfield without a single experienced player.
  7. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Club:
    Real Madrid
    Has he ever been 6-1 up from the first leg and knowing that the next 2 league games could decide the league before?
    Eddie repped this.
  8. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Member+

Club:
    Real Madrid
    I want to see...

Lopez, Carvajal, Varane, Nacho, Coentrao, Illara, Casemiro, Isco, Jese, Ronaldo, Morata.

EDIT: Ancelotti has already confirmed Jese, Ronaldo and Morata will all start in his press conference.
  9. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Club:
    Real Madrid
    Play Illara, Jese, Morata, and Isco then fill up the rest of the positions with whomever. These 4 players are key as they are our first options off the bench. Xabi, Bale, and Modric rested please.
  10. russian hattie

russian hattie Member

Club:
    Real Madrid
    England
    I would prefer Modric in there for a bit too.
  11. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Club:
    Real Madrid
    Actually glad we have this game, some of the others in the squad can use this as match fitness.
  12. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Xabi will be rested so that means Modric should start. We never start the game with both of them on the bench.
  13. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Member+

Club:
    Real Madrid
    We are winning 6-1 on agg with 6 away goals. Rest Xabi and Modric damn it. It's not like we are going to crash out now. Casemiro, Illara and Isco in the middle are more than capable.
  14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I'd like to see both of them rested from the start. But I don't think that will happen.
  15. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

I would give both Modric and Xabi a half of football to be honest. Over the past couple of seasons when has resting players been of any real tangible benefit? After we "rested" key starters against Barca last season we got our asses handed to us in Dortmund and after resting players for the CL tie against Barca we had a similar fate. I'd rather keep everyone sharp at this point, unless they are already carrying injuries, the time to rest and rotate was a couple of weeks ago now it's get through this week and around this time next week reassess who needs "rest" etc.

These players could injure themselves walking out of the tunnel for warmups or to the subs bench so I'm not buying that either. Frankly my biggest worry is still Varane if he is going to play again today.
    raven3k repped this.
  16. anticule

anticule BigSoccer Yellow Card

Bosnia-Herzegovina
    play them for one half. get some runs out there in prepartion for the shit heads on sunday.
  17. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Club:
    Real Madrid
    We played United after resting players against Barcelona.

It's not just about injuries though. Whilst I accept one can get injured walking to the bench or by dropping an aftershave bottle on your foot the reality is that they're more likely to get injured on the pitch. They're also at risk of picking up stupid yellow cards and I don't want key players getting booked in a dead rubber.

I think the rest is important with the game in Sevilla right on top of the Clasico. Had we a full week to recover then I wouldn't be too worried about fatigue, but this is as good of a time as any to give Xabi AND Luka the night off.
  18. anticule

anticule BigSoccer Yellow Card

Bosnia-Herzegovina
    They need 6 goals...

Put Ramos as a st

Always thought he could play there for some reason
  19. mymy33

Yeah but we still came out a bit flat

Who is in card danger? With a five goal lead I would think players could manage themselves for a half of work.

Xabi hasn't played a lot of football because of injuries, he ain't that old :D And Modric is pretty fit. These players to me anyway to do better in a rhythm. A half won't kill them and neither will sitting out of course but my preference is to have them sharp.
  20. mymy33

And Mou rested player for the Valencia game after the CDR Final before we crapped out pants in the CL against Barca...I think that is the game I am thinking of.
  21. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

The heck am I read? So resting players is a bad thing now? Because of two bad performances that had actually nothing to do with the players being rested?

This forum, I seriously need a break from it for my own sanity.
  22. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Club:
    Real Madrid
    Casillas; Nacho, Varane, Ramos, Coentrao; Alonso, Illarra, Isco; Jesé, Morata y Cristiano.

very good imo. after 45min Casemiro on the pitch, please.
  23. temesgen

temesgen Member+

I'd prefer to see Xabi play less, he's not a kid anymore and I think the minutes does have an effect on older players especially when they are playing twice a week. Ideally I'd like to see him come on at the 65 or 75 mark and finish out the game.
  24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator Staff Member

Varane starts again.
  25. mymy33

While on your self-imposed break a round or two of Hooked on Phonics would do you a world of good.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.