San Jose Earthquakes Player On Loan

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by Quakesss, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Who do you guys think? Also discuss on this thread when it does happen.

2. Polemarch

Polemarch Member

Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Maybe some of the new draftees.
  3. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Most likely. My guesses are Adam Jahn,Aj Carrado and Sofia.
  4. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Yeah, I would like to see Jahn as he has roots in the area and showed potential with the Quakes. I hope he comes over and builds his confidence again. Maybe they'll send his former teammate Koval here too? Would be great to have Tommy Thompson and see what he can do, but I don't think they are paying him six figures just to loan him out.. ;) Who knows, though.

5. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    TT is most likely not gonna get sent down IMO, he's too good. Koval is a slight possibility, but he's our main depth at CM. One could argue that he would be better suited learning from Peirazzi and Cronin in training his first year IMO. The interesting thing is that we can send players back and forth, so we could see a slew of a bunch of players going back and forth randomly.
  6. Ender500

Ender500 Member

Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    If we keep 4 GKs than I could see Bingham being loaned out.
  7. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

Club:
    Fulham FC
    United States
    I hope so, either he should be starting in San Jose or in Sacramento....
  8. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    I heard the Sac coach said he would like Tommy Thompson to play alittle for you guys.
  9. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator Staff Member

United States
    Isn't Jahn a backup bench striker now for Quakes? I would imagine they loan those that won't make the usual 18.
  10. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jahn is a good player, but he was only on the bench because of injuries. He would be a prime candidate for a loan spell to Sac. Doyle also told me look for Bingham to also be on loan.
  11. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Haha, I think every Sac fan would like that. :D But the question is whether the Quakes are going to pay him 100+k to loan him to Sac or to have him as a starter/bench player getting experience with the first team. We're also talking about training and off-the field stuff which goes with developing into a professional, not just match days. I would love to see him here for a year, he should start for us if so.
    Well, if Lenhart and Gordon are both kept around, as is looking like the case, they kind of have their "big, slow target body" forward position covered. Jahn got some playing time because those guys were injured/suspended, so unless something like that happens he might not even be in the usual 18.
    Wow, if we can get Bingham.. :thumbsup: I doubt that is what Bingham would want, though, so hopefully he wouldn't simply be P.O'd his whole time here. He's waiting for Jon Busch to step aside to jump right in as the starter. He's played a number of times with the Quakes so it would depend I guess if Coach Watson was confident enough in the third string keeper (I don't even know who that is at this point. Newton?) being on the bench and ready to go in for first team games at a moments notice. Would be great for Sac and good for Bingham to get more playing time, IMO.
  12. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator Staff Member

United States
    any updates?
  13. mangerson

mangerson Member

Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    I'm guessing the rookies are kept around at the start of the season so coaches can get a long look at them. So, maybe Jahn (assuming both Gordon and Lenny are healthy); Fucito if not Jahn; and Tommy Muller, if healthy.

Maybe rookies come down later in the year.

Does anyone know what kind of communication there is between the loaning team and the receiving teams to come to agreement on what will meet both team's needs? Or is it a matter of the 'Quakes saying "here, take this guy, like it or not?"
  14. KMJvet

KMJvet Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Maybe they're waiting to see if Muller has any hope of being healthy. Surely if he can get to a point of actually playing, he would be a first choice to loan out. I would guess Neil and Jahn are other good options. Maybe Sofia if Muller is just going to be a perpetual sicknote.
  15. DustynB

DustynB New Member

Fucito was playing in the midweek scrimmage against St. Mary's. I didn't recognize any other quakes players. There was a defensive mid that was not on the roster whom i didn't know but the rest that played were rostered or I already knew them to be signed.
    mangerson and QuietType repped this.
  16. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Oh geeze.. I hope they don't loan Fucito. Other than the fact that we have too many forwards already, Fucito just is not that good. He's another player the Quakes hope is a diamond in the rough, but there's only so much time and experience you can put into a guy and realize that hey, maybe he's just not that good.

Certainly would be telling of the Quakes to loan him though, as he's an odd man out behind Wondo, Lenhart, Gordon, and Schuler(from the looks of it), and once they have Djalo who can play F if needed. The Quakes look like reluctant partners to Sac, an probably see loaning as a burden on their already bare bones roster, rather than an opportunity to develop some promising youngsters. They went ahead and loaned Bingham and Garza to San Antonio, almost a snub to their own affiliate team.

I hope I'm wrong, by which I'll retract my statements, but the fact that You saw Fucito in the scrimmage is a pretty concrete sign he'll be here in Sac.

No idea who the DM could be, if it was a Quakes player maybe a defender who got pushed up to that position? Or just a new signing we haven't heard about yet.
  17. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

Club:
    Fulham FC
    United States
    Fucito should be playing for Sacramento on a permanent basis, not as a Quakes player on loan looking for minutes so he can develop. He's not young enough, and his upside isn't anywhere near great enough.
  18. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Maybe we just sent him there for a "rehab assignment" like they do in baseball. He is coming back from injury i believe.
    QuietType repped this.
  19. mangerson

mangerson Member

Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Since this article was published about four days ago, both Harrisburg and Pittsburgh's MLS loanees have been announced, making San Jose the only team yet to loan players to their affiliate...

http://www.chssoccer.net/list-of-mls-players-now-on-loan-to-usl-pro/

Given San Jose's recent history of injuries/nat'l team call-ups/suspensions, who knows when they will feel deep enough to loan players.
  20. 30King

30King Member

Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    From what I understand, the Quakes were holding all players till they were done with the CCL. We should be hearing about the loaners soon.
  21. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    But that's what I don't get - what if the Quakes were still in it? What if they miraculously went on to the final? Are they not required to loan Sac players for an entire season? Is there a minimum requirement of games in other case? Seems kid of strange for MLS to require a minimum number of players loaned, but no requirements of deadline date, etc. Republic is basically being hung out to dry, and we play our first ever game in 4 days!
  22. 30King

30King Member

Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I don't think they're hung out to dry. The Republic (and most other USL teams) shouldn't build their roster around the loanies (and it doesn't look like they have), since those loanies can be called back, and/or replaced with different players. I think you will see the loaned players used as an augment to the roster, USL league-wide.

I don't think anything precludes an MLS club from utilizing the loaned players (keeping them or bringing them back) as the team's need requires. The Quakes having CCL and their injury list would fit that bill, IMO.

At least that's my limited knowledge take on last year with the loaned players from other USL teams.
  23. mangerson

mangerson Member

Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    MLS' official summary of roster rules outines some details for loans within MLS and loans involving foreign clubs. The only rule which would seem to apply USL states, "An MLS player may be transferred or loaned at any time to a team outside the League (subject to that team’s Federation’s transfer window), subject to the consent of the player."

So, the season long loan may be in spirit only.

http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/content/roster-rules-and-regulations
  24. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    So a team could theoretically loan a USL affiliate a couple of players for one game and return them to the MLS side for the rest of the season and that would suffice? Somehow that doesn't seem right..
  25. 30King

30King Member

Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I think its more like........"a team could theoretically loan a USL affiliate a couple of players for one game and return them to the MLS side for the rest of the season, and send two more players down to the USL affiliate".

From a player development perspective, you wouldn't be developing those players in that one game scenario, which is the goal of affiliation. As this thing matures, league-wide, you may see more shorter term stints from MLS players down in the USL.

Player A & B sent down, player A on a long term loan and there for the duration, player B on a shorter stint (refining game or injury recovery). Player B heads back up to the MLS, replaced with Player C (another prospect)....etc