The Daily Show/Colbert Report IV

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by heybeerman, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Barbara

Barbara Where is Rickon?

Club:
    DC United
    United States
    I meant that I think she's too young for an anchor spot.

2. nicephoras

nicephoras BigSoccer Supporter

Fair enough - I wasn't advocating her. I think she's OK, not amazing. They haven't had a Colbert/Carrell level reporter since Oliver, and even he wasn't quite as good.

But Oliver's character was never the same - he changed based on the situation, much like Colbert and Carrell. Jessica Williams is basically OUTRAGE.

3. Naughtius Maximus

Naughtius Maximus Member+

Club:
    Chelsea FC
    England
    Oh, right :D

Yeah, maybe a bit young. TBH I'm not sure she'd be that interested as it's a HUGE commitment or, at least, could turn out to be. Better to keep doing what she's doing instead of throwing herself into the limelight to that extent.

4. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    United States
    {Ismitje resists urge to abuse Super Moderator powers by changing JohnR's username to JonR}

5. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    United States
    i read this and thought you were talking about the female that's on (used to be? don't know, haven't seen her in forever) cnn every now and then. extremely hot. but i thought it was a completely random suggestion seeing as i wasn't aware she had any sort of interest in comedy (other than when she'd laugh it up with anderson cooper). then again, i don't even know what her last name is... i just recognized aisha and tyler sounded right to me. sigh. needless to say, i know who you're talking about now and it makes much more sense... at least more than the news chick. ok... moving on...