1. Save 40-80% on great soccer jerseys. Shop today at BigSoccer Shop!

The Official Palestine Football Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by (De La)Redstriker06, Jan 30, 2006.

Moderators: Txtriathlete
  1. arefmusa

arefmusa New Member

Club:
    Chicago Fire
    United States
    Re: Palestine & Wehdat Football thread

Palestine 3- Pakistan 0

2. PLSTN LMF

PLSTN LMF New Member

with our subs!

3. (De La)Redstriker06

(De La)Redstriker06 Member

Club:
    Montreal Impact
    United States

Well come on now it is Pakistan.. they are one of the worst teams in Asian football. Tomorow is tha big day... can't wait for it. Palestine v. China and China doesn't have their European based palyers!

4. PLSTN LMF

PLSTN LMF New Member

true chinas the real test

5. jonny63

jonny63 Member

China score ! 1-0...

6. PLSTN LMF

PLSTN LMF New Member

final score china 2-0.my thoughts.....
    our offense was horrible.what was fisko thinking,he put fahd ataal at the end of the game,he had to improve our offence right when the first goal was scored.pablo abdalla held the midfield pretty well.emaad zaatera was very jumpy and really couldnt accomplish anything.our defence wings were good cant argue with that they kept away a lot of dangerous attacks.the chinese defence i give it a thumbs up,they held the ball well and took good control of dead balls and that really isolated our strikers from the midfielders.i hope we get our act together next wednesday,singapore beat iraq 2-0

7. (De La)Redstriker06

Club:
    Montreal Impact
    United States

Not a horrible result by any means. What worries me though is that Singapore beat Iraq 2-0. Why is it that we always get drawn into tough groups? I am hoping that the result was wither a fluke or that Iraq's quality has diminished which would mean that Palestine would have a decent chance of grabbing the second spot in this group.

GUANGZHOU - China opened their AFC Asian Cup 2007 campaign with a 2-0 win over Palestine at Guangzhou Tianhe Sports Centre on Wednesday evening, brushing aside last week's disappointing 1-0 loss at the hands of Honduras.

Former Celtic defender Du Wei and captain Li Weifeng scored a goal in each half to allow Zhu Guanghu and his team to breathe a sigh of relief, although the manner of victory was anything but as emphatic as the crowd of 10,000 had expected.

Facing a team 65 places below them in the FIFA World Rankings, the Chinese were expected to comfortably dispose of the Palestinians despite missing suspended striker Zheng Zhi, Zhu Ting, German-based Shao Jiayi and Manchester City defender Sun Jihai.

Everton man Li Tie was back after a season long injury layoff and three players from the former youth team that impressed in last summer's FIFA Youth World Championship -midfielders Hao Junmin, Zhao Xuri and striker Dong Fangzhuo - provided new impetus.

It was Hao who shone the brightest in only his second official international game with the senior team and after just two minutes the right winger broke through the Palestine defence and found former youth team mate Dong Fangzhuo clear in the area. But the Belgium-based striker's shot was blocked for a corner.

China's first real chance came on the fourth minute. Captain Li Weifeng headed a hoisted long ball into the box only to see the onrushing Li Yi blocked by a couple of Palestine defenders.

The home side began to heap massive pressure on the visiting Palestinians as time wore on and that pressure paid dividends in the 22nd minute.

Once again Hao penetrated the Palestine rearguard from right, only for his tentative cross to be blocked by defender Ismail Al Amour for a corner. However, Beijing Guoan midfielder Tao Wei's flicked corner across the goalmouth was met by Du Wei, who planted a header into the net to break his international duck.

Seventeen minutes after the interval, China captain Li Weifeng extinguished any hopes the Palestinians had of coming back into the game, with Dong playing a key role as his side doubled their advantage.

Dong pounced on a loose ball in the midfield and launched a lightning counter attack, breaking into the area before cleverly crossing to the unmarked Li Weifeng, who headed from close range.

China should have increased their lead only five minutes later when Tao Wei earned a spot kick after he had been tripped in the area, but Dong Fangzhuo shot straight at goalkeeper Ramzi Saleh.

8. arefmusa

arefmusa New Member

Club:
    Chicago Fire
    United States

the game is tomorrow best of luck to the Palestinian national team, we need the three points inshalha.

9. jonny63

jonny63 Member

Match played 20 mins , still 0-0

Live updates : www.sleague.com

Team :

Singapore: Lionel Lewis, Aide Iskandar, Precious Emuejeraye, S Subramani, Daniel Bennett, Khairul Amri, Isa Halim, Shi Jiayi, Mustafic Fahrudin, Noh Alam Shah, Indra Sahdan

Palestine: Ramzi Saleh, Francisco Atura, Saeb Jendeya, Ibrahim Al Sweirki, Imad Zaatara, Fady Abulatifa, Fady Salem, Majed Abusidu, Taysir Amer, Pablo Abdallah, Roberto Adauy

10. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member

Club:
    Real Madrid
    Iraq

I'm watching the match on Palestine TV
    If you want the truth ... the match is Boring
    But I Hope Palestine win

Good luck

Edit: I just saw the last 10 Minutes

11. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member

Club:
    Real Madrid
    Iraq

Half Time 0-0

12. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member

Club:
    Real Madrid
    Iraq

Fahad Attal scored for Palestine ... then he sent off

13. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member

Club:
    Real Madrid
    Iraq

FT: Palestine 1-0 Singapore
    Fahed Attal 75'

14. PLSTN LMF

PLSTN LMF New Member

the match was great.we were pressing for the whole 90.one goal by fadi lafi was dissallowed.palestine dominated throughout the match,excellent passing and attempts on goal.fahid attaal got subbed in for emaad zaatera and scored from a great play.palestine should have won 2-0 but thank God we got a goal because although many attempts were so close no goal was scored.congratulations guys,ill post my full analysis later cuz now me n my friends r goin to celebrate:D

mussav the match was boring wen u saw it because it was the last ten minutes and palestine were wasting time..also congratulations iraq!!!!!

15. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member

Club:
    Real Madrid
    Iraq

what a Rude of me, I'm sorry for Forgetting to Congrats you, maybe because our win over China .. you know, I'm still partying :D

Congratulations Palestine

I wish we both Qualify

16. arefmusa

arefmusa New Member

Club:
    Chicago Fire
    United States

Congrats to Iraq and Palestine, I am very happy for Iraq and Palestine, after all Iraq is my favorit team after Palestine :), hope both will qualify.

VIVA PALESTINA Y QUE VIVA IRAK

17. (De La)Redstriker06

Club:
    Montreal Impact
    United States

Hey where are all the Singapore fans now? Them and their ASEAN Championship... They will rue the day they underestimated us!

18. (De La)Redstriker06

Club:
    Montreal Impact
    United States

This Thread Needs An [r]

19. PLSTN LMF

PLSTN LMF New Member

Domestic players

i see that the team is now depending more on domestic players.In the singapore match,5 players were foreign league players(roberto bishara,pablo abdala,francisco alaam,majed abu-seedo,fadi lafi) and the rest were all domestic league players.this is a big improvement.remember in the pan arab cup and a few world cup qualifiers 4 domestic players were used.its a good increase from 4 to 6 in just two years.i think this has to do with the recommencing of the palestinian premier league.also the continuing of the league got Azmi Nassar to find young talent.look at fahd attaal for example

20. EstebanGranero23

EstebanGranero23 Member

Club:
    Real Madrid
    United States

Done. ;) Congrats on the win. And about the thread title, why is Palestine and Wehdat???

21. PLSTN LMF

PLSTN LMF New Member

Re: Palestine & Wehdat Football thread [R]

Wehdat is a palestinian club that plays in jordan premier league.many palestinians follow it.
    New fifa ranking: Palestine at 121 up 17 places! biggest jump of the month:)

22. (De La)Redstriker06

Club:
    Montreal Impact
    United States

I think the Jump is indicative of how good Palestine really are... They are a decent Asian side... not world beaters by any strech of the imagination but definitely no top Asian team can afford to take lightly. I'm intrested to see how Palestine do in this AFC Challenge Cup. To tell you the truth I'd be very shocked if they didn't at least make it to the finals because they are a much stronger squad than everyone thinks.

23. PLSTN LMF

PLSTN LMF New Member

id be dissapointed if we didnt win this thing

24. happy

happy Member

25. PLSTN LMF

PLSTN LMF New Member

Ya they left today for alexandria where theyd have a training camp and play a few matches probably with egyptian clubs.they plan to leave for dhaka on wednesday

Moderators: Txtriathlete