1. Save 40-80% on great soccer jerseys. Shop today at BigSoccer Shop!

Tim Ritter at Juventus tearing up swedish fifth tier. Possible Superettan interest?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by iamalfred, Jun 9, 2011.

1. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

[​IMG]

No lies, his Västerås-based team is actually called Juventus IF. He scored four goals and made one assist as his team won 6-1 yesterday. I know that it's only the fifth tier but what makes it more interesting is that he is being followed by Superettan (second tier) team Västerås SK. The VSK director of sports was present at the game and commented:

"He played his worst game so far since I started following him but he still scored four goals and one assist which shows his quality."

Västerås apparantly wants him to come for a trial with them but for some reason not specified in the article this isn't happening. Again the director of sports says:

"He won't be interesting for us unless we can bring him in on a trial. It's one thing to do these things in the fifth tier and a whole different thing in Superettan."

College profile:
    http://www.friars.com/sports/m-soccer/mtt/ritter_timothy00.html

2. Dr Jay

Dr Jay BigSoccer Supporter

United States
    A youth club teammate of current and former pros Charlie Davies, Mike Fucito, Sam Brill, Chris Tierney and Mike Vidiera.

3. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Czechia
    wow bad game and still gets 4 goals. He may have a future. Hopefully he can get higher up in divisions.

4. Dave Marino-Nachison

Dave Marino-Nachison Member+

A jump from the fifth division to the Superettan doesn't seem impossible. By American standards, that might equate to something like a move from high-level/premier men's amateur ball to the top of the USL. Big jump, but not out of the question.

It looks like Ritter has also played PDL ball and is probably well above the level at which he's currently playing. I guess time will tell whether he's good enough for the Swedish second division -- which, it should be noted, features a player like Brian Edwards, who has MLS experience.

5. InvisionFootball

InvisionFootball New Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9eZV7cFMiU"]TIm RItter(Juventus IF( Sweden) vs. Irsta Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

6. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Since this thread was back on the first page I figured I should do a short update. Ritter is still with Juventus IF and has continued his success having now scored 23 goals in (I think) 15 games. He was also suspended four games for headbutting an opponent earlier this fall. With two games remaining of the season the team is currently in second place which means a promotion playoff spot.

7. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Czechia
    I wonder what his other job is.

8. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Club:
    DC United
    United States
    Is that some kind of "I'm with Juventus, I may as well do a Zizou tribute" kind of thing?

9. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Club:
    DC United
    United States
    He's hoping for a transfer to a Glasgow team. ;)

10. InvisionFootball

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfHWDGmeRXs"]Tim Ritter Highlight video - YouTube[/ame]

11. InvisionFootball

Juventus - Fagersta 8:0 (5:0)

Målskyttar: Tim Ritter 6, Bryan Mattsson & Shondell Busby

Målfyrverkeri och två rekord…

Det kändes som att Fagersta Södra fick betala för besvikelsen hos Juventusspelarna att man inte gick upp till div. 3 direkt. Men åt andra hållet så vill de flesta spelarna inte att den redan korta serien redan ska ta slut.
    Så Juventus är redo för och ser emot kvalspel!!

I matchen mot Fagersta gick Juventusspelarna beslutna att köra över gästerna och göra så många mål som möjligt.
    Så blev det!
    Hade det inte varit för den duktige Fagerstamålvakten så hade siffro..

6 goals is a game, Season scoring record for league

12. Dave Marino-Nachison

There seems to be some kind of connection between Juventus IF and North America. In addition to Ritter, Busby (and I believe Kyle Hall and maybe others) apparently have connections here. I think the last two guys are Canadian.

13. SecludedMonkey

SecludedMonkey New Member

Club:
    FC Dallas
    United States
    Is this guy actually a pro? I mean, the Swedish fifth tier..........:eek:

14. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

It's not entirely impossible. Sponsors do sometimes chip in some money even at this level for "star players". Although we are obviously not talking about big sums here. The top four tiers do have a minimum wage for foreign players but since this is the fifth tier (the highest level of the regional divisions) anything goes, so it's hard to know.

15. InvisionFootball

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGWQ_wkthmQ&feature=player_embedded"]TIm Ritter Goals Juventus IF(Sweden) - YouTube[/ame]

16. InvisionFootball

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZZIVD_2LGI"]Tim Ritter- U.S Soccer in Europe - YouTube[/ame]

17. InvisionFootball

Ritter linked for a possible move to Ligue 2 in France and the Jupiler league in Belgium.

18. chinaglia

chinaglia Member

Club:
    Motherwell FC
    United States
    Source or link?

Thanks.

19. Dave Marino-Nachison

Based on the username, InvisionFootball is (or is connected to) Ritter's agent.

It would be a huge jump, obviously, with little precedent for an American player (though similar things have happened before).

Best of luck to Tim.

20. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

That would be a very impressive career move. I don't think that it has ever happened before, unless you include youth players. I'm not even sure if I can remember someone who has gone from this level straight to the swedish top tier in one transfer before (again not counting youth players).

21. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ireland Republic
    how old is this guy?

22. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

United States
    He's 25 according to the bio linked on page 1

23. InvisionFootball

24. Jacques Strappe

Jacques Strappe Member

United States
    Who is Kyle Hall? Not a very nordic sounding name and he plays on the same team as Ritter. Is he a Yank?

25. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Canadian