Up and coming players

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by LMUIron, Jun 27, 2010.

1. LMUIron

LMUIron New Member

Club:
    West Ham United FC
    To start, this is not a 'what is the starting line up going to be in 2014' thread. It is more to focus on who are some of our youngsters that could possibly make a splash in the team in 2014. So that means players who were not on the current team.

a few suggestions:

Freddy Adu (mostly as a sub. My expectations are not high)
    Ike Opara
    Charlie Davies

So what new faces do yo think have a good shot of making it. Keep in mind, this is just for fun and something to take our minds off of the loss.

2. cisconj

cisconj Member

luis gil
  3. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    American Samoa
    Gale Boss.
  4. holdtheMAYOO5

holdtheMAYOO5 New Member

Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    United States
    I think Tim Ream could have a shot by then; being at age 26 around 2014. He is calm on the ball, makes good decisions and has pretty solid dribbling skills. He has made some rookie mistakes, but overall there is great potential in him.

5. vmax71

vmax71 BigSoccer Supporter

Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    United States
    you mean came and went, right.

Check out his twitter feed to be made aware that he is sick and watching braveheart (sarcasm included in the post)
  6. CplDaniel

CplDaniel Member

United States
    Player to watch: Shea (FC Dallas), & Arguez (Hertha Berlin SC)
    From the U-20 World Championship. JACK MCINERNEY scored against Spain in 4th minute...Spain went on to win 2:1.
  7. StarvingGator

StarvingGator Member

Lletget, Lichaj, Gil, Bowen, Gonzalez, Opara, Ream, Bowen. Others.
  8. winster

winster Member

Club:
    Besiktas JK
    United States
    Schilawski maybe?
    He has come out of nowhere this season. Plays for a team not particularly known for good service out of midfield too. We can only hope he ends up being the Rev's next Dempsey.
  9. john3628

john3628 Member+

United States
    Moises Orozco, T. Ream, Emilio Orozco, Jack Mac, Shaun Greenfield, A. Zahavi, Kellen Gulley, and possibly F. Garcia :cool:
  10. boliviankidd622

boliviankidd622 Member

Club:
    Real Madrid
    United States
  11. LMUIron

LMUIron New Member

Club:
    West Ham United FC
  12. Otergod

Otergod Member

Club:
    Chicago Fire
    United States
    some of these players seem more likely for 2018. M. Orozco, T. Ream, F. Garcia and K. Gulley are players im hoping continue their development. I know Gulley is just a U17, but he's doing well.

Lichaj and Lletget seem good chances to be competing assuming they continue their development. Both are close to hitting their respected team's game day rosters.

Boss and Garza are others who could potentially step up assuming they continue the path they are currently on.
  13. Otergod

Otergod Member

Club:
    Chicago Fire
    United States
    i would also like to throw Bedoya's name into the pot. This kid has impressed me since Camp Cupcake
  14. Reptilians

Reptilians New Member

Names to add to the ones listed

[FONT=&quot]Jared Jeffrey, Mikkel Diskerud, Fererri, Mwanga, Agudelo, Ibrahim, Okungo, Blair Gavin, Navas + Cruz, Jeremy Hall.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Really hope the US get Diskerud
    [/FONT]
  15. ussoccer0829

ussoccer0829 Red Card

Club:
    --other--
    Emerson Hyndman. He is only 14 or 15 but could be the best player to ever put on a USA uniform. He could never put on the USA shirt or be the best player. He is very young so we don't know but he is definitely looking like a great prospect for the future. Probably 2018 is better for him.
  16. mickeysd123

mickeysd123 New Member

Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    dude is a beast
  17. So_Cal23

So_Cal23 New Member

Club:
    AC Milan
    United States
    Fafa Picault, Lester Dewee, Will Packwood, Samir Badr, Christian Castaneda, Stefan Jerome, Alex Molano, George Pantelic, Bobby Wood, Erik Benjamensen, Kevyn Batista, Omar Salgado, Cristian Flores, Alfredo Morales, Charles Renken
  18. MrHobbles

MrHobbles Member

Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Does Bobby Convey qualify for this thread? After his awful first year back in MLS he has been great during the current season. He has dabbled a bit at left back but has been great on both sides of the midfield. Just don't try playing him in the center of the park, fails every time.
  19. asdf2

asdf2 Member

I agree re Convey but he will be 31 in 2014.

I like Ike. Opara that is but he needs to be a full time
    MLS starter first.
  20. MrHobbles

MrHobbles Member

Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Opara looks like he is going to be a regular for San Jose. Ramon Hernandez hasn't been the same since getting hurt at the January camp, so Opara paired up with Bobby Burling in the center of defense. Opara had a very good game and locked down a starting role IMO. Hernandez will likely be the backup or continue playing at right back.

Opara has just been to good to keep on the bench. He has been solid on defense and is a constant aerial threat on set pieces.
  21. Jozystrikes!

Jozystrikes! New Member

Club:
    West Ham United FC
    United States
    Is it realistic to expect anything out of Freddie Adu or has that ship sailed?
  22. Reptilians

Reptilians New Member

He is definitely at a cross roads in his career. IMO a return to Aris will not be a particularly good situation for him. Greece is not really that known for producing a lot of talent. I would like to see him move to a Dutch or Danish side. It's hard to remember that he's just 21 years old. He can definitely salvage his career I just would not bet the farm on it.