1. Save 40-80% on great soccer jerseys. Shop today at BigSoccer Shop!

Whats the difference between SG and FG?

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by chungblam, May 5, 2004.

1. chungblam

chungblam New Member

In what weather you wear SG or FG? What is the difference? I use Mania FG on all grounds and weather.

2. Spiro_In_San_Jose

Spiro_In_San_Jose New Member

SG=Soft ground.
    FG=Firm ground.

These days, with the cost of shoes, people aren't fortunate enough to have two different pairs of shoes for two different types of weather conditions. When some do though, they wear their SG boots for better traction on the soft ground. The metal studs are longer and have better support in the ground. FG is for when the area is dry and there is no real need for extra traction.

3. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Club:
    Everton FC
    England
    Basically just posh names for metal studs/blades (SG) or Mouldies (FG and HG).

4. phillys

phillys New Member

I would recommend FG anyday 'cause FG can be played on many surface and even soft!

5. astabooty

astabooty Member

Club:
    FC Barcelona
    United States
    agreed. if you were fortunate enough to always play on good fields then SG are incredible and much better than FG, but wearing SG on a hard field will hurt your joints.

6. appleCORR

appleCORR New Member

I like FG boots better, i just think its better to do tricks and moves that use the sole of your boot. And i find they are more comfy than studs/blades. I only really wear studs if the pitches are really really bad. But i dont have problem very often as we play on premier pitches in our league so my FG do me fine :)

appleCORR

7. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Club:
    Everton FC
    England
    Yeah and even if the ground is hard there's no risk of the blades or studs comin up thru the sole like with the Sg's