1. Save 40-80% on great soccer jerseys. Shop today at BigSoccer Shop!

when does Nog

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by allgo, May 19, 2014.

Moderators: celt1997, Dills
  1. allgo

allgo Member

when does Nog stop caring? He works his tail off and the team just flounders every effort....it has to be frustrating.

2. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

I'll predict Maidana will be the next Roger Torres i.e. shrimp deck duty within the next 3 games. Then after the next home game Nogueira will really start getting "home sick" and need "more getting used to the league" and fade away ie stop caring because being the only one that cares sucks. And that is not mentioning Edu who was faxing it in the last couple of games.

3. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    United States
    By the way he scored that goal with some thunder on Saturday, I'd say Noguiera still cares quite a bit.

4. celt1997

celt1997 Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Hit another one in the 2nd half that was just as amazing, but just missed. The guy is an absolute beast. He's doing exactly what people touted Adu would do. Unfortunately, we don't have the pieces, yet, to fully take advantage of what he's bringing. I really hope he sticks around long enough for that to materialize.

Get him an equally creative striker, and we'd be doing much better in the "goals for" side of things.

cwelch999 repped this.

5. allgo

allgo Member

I wonder if Edu was more worried about staying healthy for the WC the last few games? Or perhaps already frustrated with the middle school kick, chase and bunch soccer we play?

Nog on the right team will be a monster

Doop and celt1997 repped this.
  6. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

agree on both counts. Nogueira is so above the rest of the squad.

7. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    i believe we now owe socheaux 150k since they are being relegated.

8. Tyr

Tyr Member+

Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    United States
    I'd like to keep Noggy as a deep-lying playmaker with someone like Pfeffer up top playing splitting throughballs on the ground. Noggy needs some of the attacking responsibility taken off him.

9. jess370

jess370 Member+

Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Its a pipe dream with Pfeffer, that kid isn't staying after this year. Would you?

He played in germany and impressed enough they made an offer to buy him last year, he will be heading back.

10. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

they did?

11. celt1997

Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    United States
    I don't know if they made a formal offer, but they did make it clear that they wanted him for a full year in 2013, to do a "full evaluation." The Union, smartly, countered by exercising his option for 2014, as they'd have to do a full transfer, and he couldn't just walk for nothing.

All of the interview he's had, though, definitely make it sound like he wants to return to the Bundesliga.

12. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Pfeffer did not seem to be a regular starter with their U-19 team last year, according to the statistics. How interested were they by the end of his loan?

13. celt1997

Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    United States
    I know he played a big part in the end of the first season he was there. Not sure why he didn't get more playing time at the start of the most recent season. Could have been injury, US duties/camps, or poor play...not sure.

14. Dills

Dills Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Weren't there coaching changes?

Doop repped this.
  15. celt1997

Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Ahh...so Pfeffer got "Adu'ed?" Damn those coaching changes.

BuddhaWake repped this.
  16. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    United States

.....and I'll predict if this team sees a real coach before the end of the year, he'll be moved centrally-backed by Leo/Pfeffer and the Union will see the best of his game-before the lack of sleep from his late night forays siphons off his remaining energy for the stretch drive. *tongue firmly in cheek for that last part, but you get the idea.

Tyr and BuddhaWake repped this.
  17. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    United States
    I think he cares. Although you can certainly see frustration with his teammates on occasion. Nothing "diva-like" a la Freddy Adu. But it's there.

BuddhaWake repped this.
  18. Union42

Union42 Member

Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    United States
    I didn't watch the SKC game, but from what I could tell from the highlights, Nogs was conspicuously absent from the group hug after Cruz's goal.

19. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Trying to avoid the stink of failure.

Somebody also said he didn't celebrate after his goal on Saturday. I think I saw it on Twitter. They weren't getting blown out at that point, so that would be...odd.

BuddhaWake repped this.
  20. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

I wouldn't celebrate until I knew I had 3 points. Even then it would be muted since is one game of many but I'm a weirdo that way.

21. Union42

Union42 Member

Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    United States
    I can understand him not celebrating on Saturday. They were down 2-1 at that point. I believe players should only celebrate goals when they have the lead. Otherwise, they should just get the ball out of the net and hustle back for the re-start so they have maximum time to get another one. Besides, there is nothing to celebrate if you aren't winning.

In SKC they had just gone up 1-0. Again, I didn't see the actual game...he may have been on the other side of the field and didn't make it to the huddle until after they cut to the replay. But most of the other players on the field joined in the group hug in SKC, and I remember Nogs taking part in goal celebrations early in season before the wheels came off.

22. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Maidana when he scored in that game, in the replay they showed that he went over to hackworth and had a weird half hug embraced. I would have whispered "la proxima vez que menciones mis hijos te mato, HDP!" hahaha.

23. Dills

Dills Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Who's in the hug? Okugo, Gaddis, Wenger, Fabinho, Cruz, Williams, Berry, Fernandes.

Maidana, Nogueira, and MacMath are absent. You can see Vinnie (and his yellow boots) come into the frame just as the hug breaks up (0:29).

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  24. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Looks like an appropriate reaction to me.

EmeraldDawn and UnionDues repped this.
  25. Starpork

Starpork Member

Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    He's all business. I don't read it as frustration - I think it's part personality and part having his entire career incubated by a Ligue 1 side. I know he said in a recent interview that the locker room is much closer and more supportive than he's used to.

Moderators: celt1997, Dills