1. Save 40-80% on great soccer jerseys. Shop today at BigSoccer Shop!

World Cup 2014 tickets: general discussion: NOT for trading or selling

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by bulle1, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member

Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Colombia
    the fact there is a probability that you can get zero tickets suggests you should do whatever it takes to get tickets if you plan on going to see games rather than make a $$. if you end up with more tickets than what you expect - then you have the right to make $$$.

I'm all for the ticketmaster process of waiting for 10 am on the dot and clicking away to get the ticket i want. but with these lottery systems - there's always going to be some sort of inefficiencies...

2. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

That is a valid point the real issue is not individuals doing it but rather large corporation and ticket reselling sites

3. tullyite

tullyite Member

So I had another look at the website and still can't find the downloadable application form. Anyone know where it is? This is important for applicants who don't have credit cards.

4. hearts123

hearts123 Member

Seems the confirmation emails are just slow to arrive. I just got one for one of my applications.

5. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member

I don't think it exists, so try asking here: http://fwctickets.fifa.com/ticketingSystemHelp.aspx

6. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member

Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Hear hear! I am getting a little bit tired of all these hedge fund managers and there wonderful stories of how much money they made selling tickets to various people.

BocaFan repped this.
  7. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member

Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    For Bosnia I would suggest probably pretty good though a TST 7 though, not sure why you say you want to apply for a Bosnia game and then want 7 all of a sudden. TST7s could well be a real nightmare to follow with endless very high airline flights. If you are buying these just to sell on then bear in mind your tickets will only arrive a short time before you leave and selling on any games for various cities will be very difficult.

8. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member

Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Perhaps there ought to be a new link of the World Cup 2014 and the guide to personal investment.

9. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    There is a very large group of Bosnian fans in my area and since it's bosnia's first time qualifying we plan to go as a very large group , when do tickets arrive by the way?

10. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member

Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    I think France, Korea & German tickets arrived about 2 week of May at the earliest.

11. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Hear Hear ! don't join a thread and called world cup tickets if you dont want to hear about buying and selling tickets , any and every sporting event in the world has buying and reselling

12. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member

Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Yes but this site is generally for genuine football fans who want to go to tournements and not anyone, not saying you at all, who wants to be an amateur ticket tout. I understand people reselling if they have a genuine problem and have to sell back to FIFA through the portal but for those that just buy loads more than is needed for a profit is not something that is encouraged here. For SA there were loads on here crying into their soup because they spent far too much on tickets they could not use.

JeffreyD repped this.
  13. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    well i guess those people clearly tried to cheat the system and utterly failed deservely , but the negative demeanor in which everyone is talking about brazil 2014 is getting out of hand im see articles everywhere on how bad teh infrastructure is in brazil for this event and how pricey everything will be and quite frankly i don't see how much worse shape brazil can be than south africa

14. marianelah

marianelah Member

If it's making you tired. DON'T READ IT!

15. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member

Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    I agree but then every major has this total panic about it is going to be a disaster etc. We had this for the Olympics in London and it could not have gone any better. I have to say also that much of the negative stuff is from Brazilians and all this idea that no one will be able to communicate as if a foreign language was something new, the stia won't be ready etc..... We managed the language barrier in Korea so I am sure Brazil will be no problem. I have to say the prices of Hotels and particularly flights is pretty shameful at this stage. This will already cost me more than Germany and SA put together.

16. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member

Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    And you talk of arrogance. (Do you need capital letters here?)

17. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Chile
    http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/ticketing/news/newsid=2156005/index.html
    In the first 24 hours of ticket sales for the WC Brazil, more than 400,000 fans requested over 2.3 million tickets.

1. Brazilians
    2. Argentines
    3. Northamericans
    4. Chileans
    5. Colombians

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

umm... its kind of in my best interest to read this thread because there is and will be a lot of useful tips and information contained in it. Being "informed" by some shady character who scored on a ticket sale 8 years ago qualifies as completely useless information. Not only because I don't care for that lifestyle, but like any gambler, they'll go on-and-on about that one occasion where they made money but not mention the countless times when they lost money.

JeffreyD and Ric_Braz repped this.
  19. Crop Circles Maria

Crop Circles Maria Member

Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Peru

yes, today

20. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    which is why with any advice you should listen , take everything into consideration and make your own decision

21. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member

Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Colombia
    same

22. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

Club:
    Reading FC
    England
    and the best advice is probably to remember that Brazil isn't Germany. You won't get 100,000 ticketless english fans turning up etc.

Making a trip to Brazil, for most, will be a very expensive trip. People only do such trips if they have tickets already. They may try to pick up a few extra ones while they are there, but only for cities they are already in. People are not going to make a $400 return flight to a city in another part of the country on the off-chance of picking up a ticket when they get there - and in any case, the cost of travelling might deter people even if they could get a ticket.

Ric_Braz repped this.
  23. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member

Oh shit, I accidentally read your post.

Ric_Braz repped this.
  24. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    FC Barcelona
    United States
    So it sounds like as long as you win a lottery bid and have ticket in hand, no matter the name or passport number, you should be able to get in to the stadium as they won't check.

But what about if a friend in Brazil acquires Category 4 (Brazilian-resident only) tickets? Would a non-Brazilian resident be able to get in? Anyone who went to South Africa or Germany have any experience with this?

25. hearts123

hearts123 Member

Yes. Anyone will get in with any ticket.

os_mutante repped this.